34g solana build.

Not really digging the blue, going to paint the inside the same green as the outside, just not going to distress it but, got the stand back home and placed the tank on it. Got the light bars cut down a bit, got the rock structure built. Now I just need to get a piece of starboard cut for the bottom of the tank.

FYI I painted my inside white and liked the way it came out. I also made a distressed/ reclaimed wood stand. I'll get pics up one day this week I hope

Personally I would suggest painting the inside white. One reason would be becuase of the relective properties of the color. This would allow for a small led light to light up the entire area. Also I think that the white color gives it a clean look. Just my thoughts.

Got the rock structure built. Definitely my favorite one that I've built so far. This is only about 15-20lbs of Marco rock. I love this stuff.

Hey Mike, Love the rock work. It will be a very nice display for sure! I can spot you some frags (gratis of course) when you get going :).

the other mike

Should be soon, just need to adjust the light bars, they are slightly crooked, which will drive me insane over time.

It's going slow, due to my lack of time sometimes. And I've been focusing on my little pico alot lately too. I actually sold the LEDs for it and am going to just buy a premade fixture. If I leave it to me and try to build a light it will never get done because I can never make up my mind.

yea I know the feeling. Well glad that all is well, and hope to see it running one of these days.

You should post some updated pics of the pico..

Thanks Eric. I just want to get the light done before setting up the tank and the controller won't be released until early - mid March.

yea I know the feeling. Well glad that all is well, and hope to see it running one of these days.

You should post some updated pics of the pico..

Here is the pico. It's doing really well, got a decent amount of coral in there. The light is an old DeepBlue solar flare that I took apart and put 3 Luxeon RBs, 1 Luxeon NW and a Luxeon lime. Not this blue in person.

sweet scape and the finish on the stand is awesome! Looks like you took your time with it.

I have to sand and finish my stand. Not looking forward to it. lol..

Back