400 Gallon SPS Build In A 900 Gallon Mixed Reef System

Holy crap... words are escaping me.

Thank you for sharing all of this with us! Fantastic job and I can't wait to see more! :thumbsup:

@dreaminmel Thanks for the kind words
@Prose
Im trying to get Photo updates this following week excited to share advancements with this tank!
Anthias have been a real joy to look at....so much so I added another more a month ago making the total 17. (photo soon)

URC%20FB%20Photos-12-5_zpsmbiy6mmt.jpg
[/URL]

This pic looks like it came from a real ocean Reef somewhere. Very cool!

Time for some long overdue updates: Near the holidays I started the hunt for my fish selections. Falling in love with tangs over the years I strive for a tank which could housed many of these amazing fish. Below is a photo of my previous tank which was very tang heavy... Many of the tangs in this photo have been in our fish room since early 2016 waiting to go in their new permanent home.

@CaptCully Thankyou that was my goal im glad you saw the vision!!

Equipment update: Got a Apex Probe holder due to my previous one falling into the sump all the time... this one has a very strong magnet.
WMX Moduel added for easier control for the pump configurations I plan on creating for this tank. (Sketch on new pump layout coming shortly)

In preparation for the upcoming fish bioload and soon after corals I decided to add additional precise dosers to the system for zeovit additives. Looking at the many options on the market I decided to give 2 apex DOS a try after with their storage containers.

Last edited:
Picture of pumps out side of box. Second picture comparing the size to an mp40 wetside. The third being the reef lobster in the 265 upstairs.

@Capt_Cully If I could fit those bad boys in my tank I would :D for now Ill settle with these ;) Here's Some pictures of some of the fish along with cable management for the pumps. I also upgraded to the quite drivers along with the wetsides for the mp40's due to this lay out and man can I say they are QUIET... very happy with the upgrade

@Capt And dreaminmel Thanks have much more to share real soon. A small update my Vertex skimmer has been running on its own for around 4 months now. My 6 yr old Reef octopus skimmer has done its time. Id like to mention the model was retired when I got it due to the excessive wattage the 3 pumps used.

Back