47G SPS...Revamp

Great colors, and thanks for posting the update with the progress. I have a maricultured piece with the bright purple tips as well, but the body is still brown. Do you know what color that piece of yours is supposed to be?

Am I the only one in this thread that can spell color? :wave:

DSC_6329_zps84ae09f0.jpg

What is this???!!! It's texture reminds me of a chalice.

If this is an acro I must know what species so that I can acquire a piece!! Lol

Stunning Pics bro, nice to see some wrasses in there! get 2 more peacocks they look ace shoaling!

How far off the water are you mounted?
Colours are fantastic what kind of par are you running?
- High
- Mid
- Bottom

Amazing pictures, is that a miyagi tort?

Here is the post I made a couple of pages back.

Echinata?
DSC_6331_zps11a68e82.jpg

First off, let me say congrats on things turning around in your tank - its looking really good and you have some great seeds for the future!

On the frag above, I have that exact coral too and would love to know what it is. I got it originally as a maricultured colony that almost completely died off. I was able to save a branch and a tip of a branch. I kept dividing the frags and sticking them to the same base as they grew and now I have the makings of a mini colony. Its an interesting coral and Id love to know more about it!

Sahin, your tank is looking great! It's so nice to see that you did what it takes to overcome those dirty little pests. I delt with it a couple tanks ago and it was such a pain. I'm still paranoid about them coming back, even though I don't add any more corals. When your tank grows out a bit, it will be top notch. You've got a great selection of corals and the colors are looking really nice. The pic above does look like an echinata to me, but it's so hard to tell when they are frags. Good work

Sahin we need a photo update my friend
Not much to update mate, some corals have coloured up a bit more...some are same. Most of my corals are frags so not much growth either. But I have will provide a growth/colour progression sequence on my Hot Pink Millepora below.

+1 on the update!
Any sneaky additions?

p.s
Whenever i say sneaky,bello comes into my mind!!!
Where is he?
I have one special acro in QT. No details at moment. I found it had Acro Eating Spiders... So it will be in QT for some time until I am sure all is clear. But it should turn out to be a special Acro.

And what's up with that frag the clown is also wondering about...........
That is a 100% bleached Acro colony my LFS gave to me for free. I dont fancy my chances of it becoming better though.

Great colors, and thanks for posting the update with the progress. I have a maricultured piece with the bright purple tips as well, but the body is still brown. Do you know what color that piece of yours is supposed to be?

Am I the only one in this thread that can spell color?
Sorry mate, I'm not sure which piece you are talking about. Post the image in a new post and I will let you know.

You silly Americans with with your incorrect spelling of COLOUR. :fun2:

Sahin you need to use their language mate or they get confused.......
I know mate. They spell it color...:crazy1:

Lovely colours Sahin. Congratulations on prevailing over the bast**rds.

Thanks man. Wasnt an easy task. I hated the first few weeks...I thought I'd lose most of the acros and didnt fancy my chances. But as the weeks went by and I somehow managed to keep all the acros alive I felt better and knew I have a good chance to save the acros and kill the bastard AEFW's.

What is this???!!! It's texture reminds me of a chalice.
If this is an acro I must know what species so that I can acquire a piece!! Lol
Haha thats my only chalice. Was poo brown and now nice pink.

Stunning Pics bro, nice to see some wrasses in there! get 2 more peacocks they look ace shoaling!

How far off the water are you mounted?
Colours are fantastic what kind of par are you running?
- High
- Mid
- Bottom

Amazing pictures, is that a miyagi tort?

Hello my friend. Thanks for the compliment. I am looking to get 5 Anthias if funds allow...have too many things going on at moment and fish tank purchases come last.

My light is about 7inches above waterline.

PAR measured with Apogee:
- High = 500+
- Mid = upto 400
- Bottom 90% of the bottom is around 350

So my corals are being hit with some nice PAR levels. I could raise the lights and reduce the PAR but I am hitting the corals with that much light in an effort to colour up some of the brown ones.

The coral you ask if its a Miyagi Tort, kind of looks like one. Here is a link to the Miyagi Tort: http://www.garretts-acropolis.com/Enlarged_picture_pages/acropora_miyagi_Tort.htm
The purple/blue outer/upper most branches and tips have the same colouration.

Here is what it looked like when my PO4 was around 0.07ppm:
DSC_5847_zps10zjanzv.jpg

Closeup:
DSC_5871_zpspvuhlkam.jpg

And there at 0.02ppm:
DSC_6477_zpshhsyzrhg.jpg

If you want I can cut it in half and give the top half to you. But the blue polyps on the outer branches makes me think its not? And it doesnt grow clustered...but it is in a area of the lowest flow in my tank.

First off, let me say congrats on things turning around in your tank - its looking really good and you have some great seeds for the future!

On the frag above, I have that exact coral too and would love to know what it is. I got it originally as a maricultured colony that almost completely died off. I was able to save a branch and a tip of a branch. I kept dividing the frags and sticking them to the same base as they grew and now I have the makings of a mini colony. Its an interesting coral and Id love to know more about it!

Thanks mate. It is likely Echinata, but hard to say since it is too small at moment. I have what I believe a Speciosia as well, and the tips are more cup shaped...hard to tell with these corals when they are small. But I love the delicate branches and the colour on them for sure.

Anyone know the make and model of the webcam on the front page? I have been trying to track it down but can't find it.
No idea mate. Have you posted in the wrong thread?

Sahin, your tank is looking great! It's so nice to see that you did what it takes to overcome those dirty little pests. I delt with it a couple tanks ago and it was such a pain. I'm still paranoid about them coming back, even though I don't add any more corals. When your tank grows out a bit, it will be top notch. You've got a great selection of corals and the colors are looking really nice. The pic above does look like an echinata to me, but it's so hard to tell when they are frags. Good work
Thanks man. I've managed to get hold of some nice pieces, just need a couple of other pieces and I'm not adding nothing else to the tank and just want things to grow.

Hooley dooley mate, you are definitely back on track. You have a lot of beautiful frags coloring up nicely you sneaky bugger I'm really pleased to see you above all others seeing some rewards at last for all you give to the hobby mate.
Awesome stuff

Thanks mate. I was really disheartened when I found the AEFW's, but it looks like my hard work has paid off and the corals are growing and colouring up mostly.

Yep we definitely need to see some updates please Sahin my friend. I wouldn't be too concerned about the poopy acros as it's still very early stages as you say mate

I'm pretty sure your pink milli is way prettier than mine which will annoy me no end...........

Well, here is my Hot Pink Millepora Andrew. I know I'll never match your Acro skills, but this is one coral I have managed to make happy:

This used to be a colony. AEFW bastards invaded my tank and went for this coral first. They almost finished it off. I cut 3 of the healthiest branches and dipped to kill the AEFW's. This was also the first coral that I dipped and discovered AEFW...so you can imagine how much of a punch in the stomach it was when I saw 8-10 adult sized bastard AEFW's come off.
3 small brown branches:
DSC_5935_zpsv286jqvq.jpg

Here is again about 6 week after in Jan 2015. Notice the nice growth and start of the pink colour returning after being at the top of the tank:
DSC_6125_zpstzwtbpk8.jpg

Another month or so later and its looking better. I posted this in the last batch of photos: More growth and looking healthy:
DSC_6374_zpsyuw6fpld.jpg

What it looks like now, makes me real happy. The coral most affected by the AEFW's is looking the best. The pink colouration is not just reflective; but fluorescent under Blue LED's. There are lime polyps there as well. The tip face is pink, but the tip sides are lime, but I havent managed to photography well:
DSC_6592_zpsdwghrjon.jpg

Note: this is the best of my tank...the rest are worse. :lol: But seeing the Hot Pink Millepora return to its former awesomeness tells me the tank is heading in the right direction.

This is the one I was talking about.

DSC_6337_zpsa524e486.jpg

Mark thats a standard Tricolour Acro. Species could be A. valida or A. nana. Hard to pull the purple colour all the way down. In my coral you can see the base has some purple. In some tanks the brown parts turn greenish/dark green.

The coral known as the GARF Bonsai looks similar to this coral, but colours up purple in the whole coral and gets bright yellow/green polyps.

Wow great growth wheres the brown ones. What ever you're doing is working looks so much better than mine. You should teach me the ways my friend i want colorful sticks like those and the growth

Stunning bro, let them grow and you can do me off shoots once they banging out some shapes ��

Interesting par readings almost identical to mine I'm mounted at approx 8" can you take a shot of the surface agitation. I am finding aggressive agitation impacting par however it does appear beneficial due to the none linear nature of the distribution now.

That hot pink mille is coloring up really well! And that tip you gave me about my skimmer worked within a few hours. thanks!

Thank you for following my thread. Those are only the nicer colours/corals in my tank currently. I have a few corals that are refusing to colour up. :hammer:

But overall, the current system isnt doing too bad considering the tank is less than 6 months old. :)

haha well the ones you have coloured are looking amazing!! I find it hard to believe you have anything that's brown though! :eek2: lol

Not too bad at all for 6 months old :D Loving the shots you take too, hopefully I can get even half the colour you and Biggles can manage!

Back