47G SPS...Revamp

The tank is looking very good, especially that Red Planet! As for Red Dragon, I have gone through at least four frags of that coral in the past in the same way you describe. They look great for a while, months even, then suddenly RTN. Maybe it was that stupid Bobbit worm in my tank:(

I'm glad to hear that dead frag was an isolated loss mate, probably just down to your usual clumsy frag handling practices i reckon :thumbsup:

The reef is looking wonderful mate, love that red planet acro especially without the green :) What's that bright red blob on the rocks on the left side and the UFO hovering off the sand bed in the center, if that's a monti get rid of it, you don't have the real estate to waste on rubbish like montis and seris etc :p

I don't see any fish, what's the go with that mate. Those frags you got off your mate are all a good size. Do you have any favorite acros atm.

Hey mate. Its Kevins fault the Red Dragon died. Since its Kevins fault, and since you are his owner, by default that makes it your fault.

That red blobby thing is flubber. Its a red/pink Goni. Was priced at £60 at my LFS...since some stuff was dying in their display tank I was asked to test all the parameters...for the hard work I chose that as payment. :lolspin:

The flying Saucer is a Rainbow Monti; blue base with red/green/orange polyps. As you have noticed, it is a waste and so cannot take valuable rockspace...hence it is floating above the sand. :eek1:

The tank is looking very good, especially that Red Planet! As for Red Dragon, I have gone through at least four frags of that coral in the past in the same way you describe. They look great for a while, months even, then suddenly RTN. Maybe it was that stupid Bobbit worm in my tank:(

Thanks. Yeah...my buddy said the same damn thing...which is shame as the red colouration on his small colony is crazy crazy nice. Hence I need to get another frag of his and make sure it survives. :hammer:

Beautiful RedPlanet. It seems that almost everyone can get a Red Planet to be red except me.

Red Planet:
DSC_6968_zpscv9q17ho.jpg

Beautiful RedPlanet. It seems that almost everyone can get a Red Planet to be red except me.
Thanks...but I cant get mine to become green...no matter what I try...:deadhorse:
No no... You're not alone! I can't get one to be red either....
I have passed on frags of my Red Planet to other reefkeepers and LFS's in South England...everyone else who has my frags have more green than red. :hmm4:

I've always assumed that the higher they are, the more red they become.
Less light turns them more green..

Thanks...but I cant get mine to become green...no matter what I try...:deadhorse:

I have passed on frags of my Red Planet to other reefkeepers and LFS's in South England...everyone else who has my frags have more green than red. :hmm4:

I guess you'll have to live with that beautiful red coral:p

Sahin,
What a beautiful tank with so many gorgeous corals!!! You have overcome so much and you well deserve these beauties.
I am considering getting a ATI Led Powermodule. Would you recommend it? I have a 48" long tank, would a 36" unit serve the purpose?

Awesome Sahin!
The tank looks superb :) Your colors are popping, and the corals are getting big too! Thanks for that rare FTS, lol... Nice!!!

I guess you'll have to live with that beautiful red coral
Haha, I cannot deny that it looks good; but I'd love to see green in the base too. :)

Sahin,
What a beautiful tank with so many gorgeous corals!!! You have overcome so much and you well deserve these beauties.
I am considering getting a ATI Led Powermodule. Would you recommend it? I have a 48" long tank, would a 36" unit serve the purpose?
Many thanks buddy. I would get a 48" unit. Whilst the 36" will provide plent of light and will serve the puupose, the sides will be darker for sure - I prefer a tank thats lit up everywhere. T5/LED is an awesome combo. My buddy in the UK lives halfway across the country...but when I saw his tank this last weekend lit by an ATI LED Powermodule, I was shocked at the coral colours. Non of this pastel colours people talk about...just deep/strong colours! As good as any Radium lit tank I've seen in person.
I plan to visit him again later in the year and this time, I will be taking my camera gear to show his tank and corals. He is a member on this forum but doesnt post much, and while his SPS keeping skills are top class, his photograpic abilities suck :lol:

Awesome Sahin!
The tank looks superb Your colors are popping, and the corals are getting big too! Thanks for that rare FTS, lol... Nice!!!
Thank Perry. The past few years have been tough for me, but I am finally getting things right.
Looking good Sahin
Thanks. :) Nice to see you posting on this forum as well. I must checkout your thread on the other forum. Or do you have a thread over here as well?

He is a member on this forum but doesnt post much, and while his SPS keeping skills are top class, his photograpic abilities suck :lol:

He sounds like some kind of weird anti Sahin from another dimension mate. He's hopeless with photography but great with acros and you're great with photography and.......... :beer:

He sounds like some kind of weird anti Sahin from another dimension mate. He's hopeless with photography but great with acros and you're great with photography and.......... :beer:

Thank you for the anti compliment. :fun2:

:p i already know you're going to have a stunning glass bucket of color in the coming months and i'm looking forward to watching it all develop :)

Someone has to keep you grounded when everyone starts calling for TOTM........ :beer:

Haha, I cannot deny that it looks good; but I'd love to see green in the base too. :)

Many thanks buddy. I would get a 48" unit. Whilst the 36" will provide plent of light and will serve the puupose, the sides will be darker for sure - I prefer a tank thats lit up everywhere. T5/LED is an awesome combo. My buddy in the UK lives halfway across the country...but when I saw his tank this last weekend lit by an ATI LED Powermodule, I was shocked at the coral colours. Non of this pastel colours people talk about...just deep/strong colours! As good as any Radium lit tank I've seen in person.
I plan to visit him again later in the year and this time, I will be taking my camera gear to show his tank and corals. He is a member on this forum but doesnt post much, and while his SPS keeping skills are top class, his photograpic abilities suck :lol:

Pfft ever never claimed to be good at either reef keeping or photography :lolspin::lolspin::lolspin::lolspin:

:lolspin:Very funny!!!!
Ahmed, you should post more pictures of your corals. Pictures do not have to be perfect. Don't listen to Sahin, buddy!!!:lolspin:

Hello Sahin,

I have just looked at your latest FTS again. I cannot see your Acropora granulosa, which you bought from Reefworks. What happened to it?

Back