47G SPS...Revamp

:lolspin:Very funny!!!!
Ahmed, you should post more pictures of your corals. Pictures do not have to be perfect. Don't listen to Sahin, buddy!!!:lolspin:

I have just looked at his tank thread on a UK forum. He appears to be perfectly capable of taking very good photographs. I think Ahmed (Liverpool Football Club?) is too modest.

Can you please share info about the UV bulb? Which one did you get? I think they have TWO versions. How does it affect apparant coral colours? Does it pop some colours more than the standard Actinics?

Anything else I should know about this tube?

Im going to give the uv bulbs some time, I have 2 of each the regular actinic as well as the ultrawide uv. Ill let you know down the road the pros and cons. Thanks. As of now, the ultrawide is a turqouise bulb thats crispy like an ati blue plus, but dark falling in the line of an actinic (not as bright as blue plus).

Simply stunning mate!! I love the cleanliness and scape! Hopefully one day I can catch my tank up with colours like yours haha

Wow... Not aware that you have changed light to Pacific Suns.

The Red Planet looks really good.
Will see how the new lights do. Its more or less the same as the ATI as it has T5+LED; but the LEd configuration is difference in that there isnt any white LED's.

Thanks regarding Red Planet. Over coming months I want to see some green in it. Going to feed more in hope of improving nutrient levels.

:p i already know you're going to have a stunning glass bucket of color in the coming months and i'm looking forward to watching it all develop :)

Someone has to keep you grounded when everyone starts calling for TOTM........ :beer:
Haha, TOTM? I highly doubt that. Maybe if Kevin made a reefkeeping forum then he'd select my tank. :lolspin:

Hello Sahin,

I have just looked at your latest FTS again. I cannot see your Acropora granulosa, which you bought from Reefworks. What happened to it?

Bulent, I still have it. Its turned a light green. Was brown. Tips a sort of purple-ish, and one part has sky blue. Its located at the front left corner on the large plate. It was a colony size, but when it went into my buddys tank most of it stripped. Still have a decent sized piece of it left though. Waiting for it to colour up as nice as it was before.

And me lol.

Sahin, just amazing my friend. Glad I stopped back by to see the progress!
Thanks buddy. :)

Im going to give the uv bulbs some time, I have 2 of each the regular actinic as well as the ultrawide uv. Ill let you know down the road the pros and cons. Thanks. As of now, the ultrawide is a turqouise bulb thats crispy like an ati blue plus, but dark falling in the line of an actinic (not as bright as blue plus).
Cool, thanks for that.

Simply stunning mate!! I love the cleanliness and scape! Hopefully one day I can catch my tank up with colours like yours haha
Thanks mate, but I am pretty certain your tank is leaps ahead of mine.

Don't worry about it Ahmed, Sahin knifes all of us when he thinks we're not watching.........:rolleye1:
I am pretty sure you are the master knifer on this forum; only you are very subtle...:fun2:

Looks like body armor is a necessary equipment for fellow reefers.:fun2:

Biggles gets Kevin to make voodoo dolls of us, and then his spells causes us to make mess up our tanks...or AEFW's appear on our acros out of nowhere...:lol:

Acro crab isn't very subtle..............

q_zps35c6cpf8.jpg~original

Acro crab isn't very subtle..............

q_zps35c6cpf8.jpg~original
Sorry no pics. Too busy to mess with my 12 year old digital SLR. :lol:

Lol agreed more pics!
Ahmed, please dont be encouraged by Biggles...

So here are a bunch of videos. Taken on Ipad, which we all know, along with the Iphone are crap at dealing with reef tank lights...tried my best in any event.

Watch in HD...ipad quality is bad enough as it is...:headwally: Tank is no way as blue as video shows. I am running 50:50 White:Blue T5's and White LED at 50% as well. So its a bright white with blue tint. Kinda 20K ish.

FTS

Side

2nd Red Planet colony Macro

Acro Polyps...

Blue Tort Polyps...

Polyps on Millepora's...

One of the Dragon Type Acros...baby pink with lime green tips.

Hope you like. :)

Nice videos Sahin.

Where did you buy the "dragon-type" acro in the last video clip? I have exactly the same colour-morph one in my tank. I bought it from Reefworks. it was supposed to be grey/turquoise, but turned out to be become very different (pinky and creamy). It grows very fast.

Last edited:
Sweet vids sahin! So, is your tank fully stocked now? Will you be adding any more fish or corals, or is it time to sit back and watch everything grow in now?

Nice videos Sahin.

Where did you buy the "dragon-type" acro in the last video clip? I have exactly the same colour-morph one in my tank. I bought it from Reefworks. it was supposed to be grey/turquoise, but turned out to be become very different (pinky and creamy). It grows very fast.

Thanks.

ADC in London had a few frags. Mine was always baby pink with lime tips. Kinda like Pacman acro.

Re: Reeffest 2015; I was there from 10.00am to around 2pm or thereafter. SHame both of us forgot to contact the other in advance.

Sweet vids sahin! So, is your tank fully stocked now? Will you be adding any more fish or corals, or is it time to sit back and watch everything grow in now?

Its mainly stocked. I need 2-3 pieces; ie Red Dragon (which I had last week but STN'd), Purple dragon eyes and something else, not sure yet :lol:

And then I'd like to add one or two LPS for the sandbed and that would be it. After that just let things grow and sell frags hopefully. Oh and a clam or two. :D

Sorry no pics. Too busy to mess with my 12 year old digital SLR. :lol:

Ahmed, please dont be encouraged by Biggles...

So here are a bunch of videos. Taken on Ipad, which we all know, along with the Iphone are crap at dealing with reef tank lights...tried my best in any event.

Watch in HD...ipad quality is bad enough as it is...:headwally: Tank is no way as blue as video shows. I am running 50:50 White:Blue T5's and White LED at 50% as well. So its a bright white with blue tint. Kinda 20K ish.

FTS

Side

2nd Red Planet colony Macro

Acro Polyps...

Blue Tort Polyps...

Polyps on Millepora's...

One of the Dragon Type Acros...baby pink with lime green tips.

Hope you like. :)

These are great Sahin! I'm so happy that things have turned around for you and don't worry too much about the picture quality(the blueness), we understand. One way to compensate though would be to turn all blue LEDs off, as well as some of the blue tubes, and crank the red and white up on the LEDs. It will look way redder and kinda ugly in person but the camera will see it as more blue and it might even balance out to look the way your eye sees it...

Love the vids, Sahin! Tanks looks like it doesn't even remember the dark days of dipping and waiting.
That red planet really shines. The blue tort is really nice as well.
I love the pink dragon type acro as well..
Really nice!
You don't see those bristle tooth tangs very often. Over here, it's called a tomini tang. They are good algae scrapers and not to aggressive.

Very nice video. Sahin, is your tank now completely out of this "new tank/rocks syndrome"? Looks like it!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Sahin,

In post #425 (in relation to not having any green coloration on your red planet), you said "you tried everything ...".

I have no doubt that you have already read this, but this article written by Dana Riddle may shed some lights on this particular challenge that you face (skip to the concluding remarks if pressed for time).

Cheers

Bulent

Back