New 200 Gallon Crystal Dynamics Build

A little update...

Millworkers came back today with the shroud.

They got the main frame installed and will be back tomorrow with the doors!

Here are a few pics!!!!!

Attachments

• Neptune Systems Boards.jpg
    Neptune Systems Boards.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Tank and Stand in Alcove.jpg
    Tank and Stand in Alcove.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Face Frame Installed.jpg
    Face Frame Installed.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 41
OK, here is a pic with the doors on....
First of all, I like it...

My wife thinks the doors look like locker room doors... She does not seem to like it!

Second of all, the main door that hides the sink is a little warped... so, they are going to remake that door... But, I will wait until after the Superbowl.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Tank Millwork.jpg
    Tank Millwork.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 36
OK, here is a pic with the doors on....
First of all, I like it...

My wife thinks the doors look like locker room doors... She does not seem to like it!

Second of all, the main door that hides the sink is a little warped... so, they are going to remake that door... But, I will wait until after the Superbowl.

Let me know what you think!
I like it.

Lets just abandon the locker room image because these doors look sleek and modern to me and lockers do not.

Lets just abandon the locker room image because these doors look sleek and modern to me and lockers do not.
Thanks! I need a little support here!!!!
Are the slots on the door for ventilation/cooling or is that just a design feature?
Ventilation. I have a vent tube through the ceiling of the enclosure and through the roof. I will have a temperature controlled fan to come on and move air out. These slots are for makeup air... (Though honestly, there are probably way more than I need... The thing is, I am going to back them with black clothe and foam to stop most of the light. So, I over compensated because the air will be restricted by the material blocking the light.
One possible solution to hide the locker room doors. A simple curtain across the front of them.
Well, I think a curtain would probably ruin the look of the cabinet! but, I get the suggestion for sure!
hehe, not going to lie, they do look like locker room doors.

Happy wife, happy life.
You would think a new kitchen would do that trick! But, No......
Looks great.
Thanks Griss!
Haha I totally see the locker room vibe! But looks good.
Actually looks way better in person.. but mostly because of the actual Lacquer finish.
Coming along nicely! Lmk if you want me to print out the eb832 bracket.
Thanks Brian! I actually found my brackets!!!!!

This is an incredible build. Looks great! Personally, I like the doors. Very clean looking
Thanks Smite! I appreciate the comment
Yep, unfortunately, Randy is only a tiny bit faster than me in an upgrade😂🤣
Griss, I agree... going so slow... But, I am now into the stage where I get to setup equipment and start thinking about moving fish. I don't want to move the fish until I get the stops and coordinated astragals installed. I really don't want to upset my fish by having carpenters around the tank.

My process for the next week or so is as follows:
1. Do a 10 gallon water swap every day.... (take 10 out of the temp tank and take 10 out of the new tank then use the water in the other tank)
2. Bring up 1 piece of equipment each day in the order listed below (if possible)
- Light was this weekend see pic below
- Install apex head unit and (2) EB832's
- Heaters (2) 500 Watt heaters (one for backup) and Thermometer
- Chiller
- Sump Light. Kind of like a refugium (but smaller)
- Kalkwasser and ATO
- PH Probes
- (4) MP40QD
- Carbon and GFO reactor
- CO2 reactor and peristaltic pump
- Skimmer

This is my projected order.

Here is a pic with the light on... Keep in mind, there is currently a lot of light bleed around the doors and through the doors. Once the stops are installed and the coordinated astragal is installed, there will be no bleed of light except at the slots in the aforementioned Locker Room Doors!
I don't want to install the black fabric and foam until the stops and astragals have been installed.

Well, that's it for now!

Attachments

• Tank 1st day with light.jpg
    Tank 1st day with light.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Back