New 200 Gallon Crystal Dynamics Build

I do have one more question....

What screen would you guys recommend to use in my equipment closet...

I don't want to use the little digital screen that comes with the Apex... I was thinking like an IPad Mini or something... But I want it to work solidly and be hooked up with a cable... not necessarily via wifi.... Any suggestions?

I do have one more question....

What screen would you guys recommend to use in my equipment closet...

I don't want to use the little digital screen that comes with the Apex... I was thinking like an IPad Mini or something... But I want it to work solidly and be hooked up with a cable... not necessarily via wifi.... Any suggestions?
I use a cheap ONN android tablet from Walmart. It’s starting to fail after 3 years but for $20 I can’t complain. It worked pretty well. But it was also wifi connected not cabled

Thanks Smite! I appreciate the comment

Griss, I agree... going so slow... But, I am now into the stage where I get to setup equipment and start thinking about moving fish. I don't want to move the fish until I get the stops and coordinated astragals installed. I really don't want to upset my fish by having carpenters around the tank.

My process for the next week or so is as follows:
1. Do a 10 gallon water swap every day.... (take 10 out of the temp tank and take 10 out of the new tank then use the water in the other tank)
2. Bring up 1 piece of equipment each day in the order listed below (if possible)
- Light was this weekend see pic below
- Install apex head unit and (2) EB832's
- Heaters (2) 500 Watt heaters (one for backup) and Thermometer
- Chiller
- Sump Light. Kind of like a refugium (but smaller)
- Kalkwasser and ATO
- PH Probes
- (4) MP40QD
- Carbon and GFO reactor
- CO2 reactor and peristaltic pump
- Skimmer

This is my projected order.

Here is a pic with the light on... Keep in mind, there is currently a lot of light bleed around the doors and through the doors. Once the stops are installed and the coordinated astragal is installed, there will be no bleed of light except at the slots in the aforementioned Locker Room Doors!
I don't want to install the black fabric and foam until the stops and astragals have been installed.

Well, that's it for now!
I wasn’t going to say anything, but since you capitalized it, we should all just use the acronym to describe the LRDs moving forward. People commenting in the future will have to ask what the “LRD” stands for
😂

Looking really good. That tank is bright! Take your time, once the livestock moves over, it's hard to make changes.

Looking really good. That tank is bright! Take your time, once the livestock moves over, it's hard to make changes.
Jimbo, I am going so slow that I feel like I am moving backwards!!!!!
Did a lot of wiring and setup and will post pics soon. I was waiting on my USB cables. I got them last night at 9:00 PM from amazon. So, I will clean up some of that and post some pics of what I think is turning out to be a real cool equipment room... (Albeit small)
Wow! I need to come check this thing out!
Eve' anytime. and.... I want to buy some of your anenomes!!!!!

Jimbo, I am going so slow that I feel like I am moving backwards!!!!!
Did a lot of wiring and setup and will post pics soon. I was waiting on my USB cables. I got them last night at 9:00 PM from amazon. So, I will clean up some of that and post some pics of what I think is turning out to be a real cool equipment room... (Albeit small)

Eve' anytime. and.... I want to buy some of your anenomes!!!!!
Is the tank cycling already? I’ll give you some phyto and pods when you’re ready.

Cycling now, but, no fish in it. I am also trying to do 10 gallon water changes between the temp tank and the new tank. Starting to see the ugly algae....

I thought I posted a pic of the control setup, but it seems to be missing.

Here is a current pic of how the controls are coming:

Attachments

• Control Setup.jpg
    Control Setup.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 13
Nice clean setup, Randy! One suggestion, you might consider running apex local on the tablet. Might be more "stable" since it's connected locally and not through the internet.

You need the original apex display to look up your apex IP address. Then in your tablet web browser type in only the IP address and it'll take you to the dashboard login. I think the default login is "admin" and password 1234. (Don't worry nobody can hack you without your apex IP) that'll take you to the local dashboard that looks identical to fusion. Now your tablet is communicating directly to apex through your local wifi and not through internet

You can also put an IP app on your phone and do a lan search for all the connected IP's on your router. It's not too hard to figure out which one is the apex. I think the app I'm using is 'IP Tools' but there's lots of them.

Back