75 g build Ogden it

FWIW....

Even though that has a coating on all sides(assuming you didn't need to cut it at all), water can and will find its way between the top/bottom coating, and the sides.

It's not a bad product, but I would never use it anywhere it has the chance to get wet.

Oh geez well good thinking about the paint !! So your right on the swelling the original bottom was only one sided and so it swelled up so bad It went from 3/4" to 1" I was asking around for 1" melamine [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] and what I think happened is that when water spilled on the ground it was on (which was tile) I ran under the stand and it just soaked it up ,, and caused mold and mildew !! So now the new stuff I putt on is double sided now the bottom which will be in contact with my carpet will be protected ,, but I like the idea of Latex paint on the inside !! Maybe I'll paint the inside white !! White will look dope !!!!! Thanks homer !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White inside also helps with seeing whats going on in there. Painted my stand white and everything is super easy to see with even minimal lighting.

Personally I would not use latex paint as it can still allow water through. Use an enamel, hard finish, super shiny, water proof, long lasting, and spills will wipe right up. Latex has a tendency to rub off after a while.

Overall it's your tank and you do with it what you want. I'm just throwing out some ideas I've used and read on other build threads.

White inside also helps with seeing whats going on in there. Painted my stand white and everything is super easy to see with even minimal lighting.

Personally I would not use latex paint as it can still allow water through. Use an enamel, hard finish, super shiny, water proof, long lasting, and spills will wipe right up. Latex has a tendency to rub off after a while.

Overall it's your tank and you do with it what you want. I'm just throwing out some ideas I've used and read on other build threads.

I really appreciate that !! So should I try to use like krylon spray paint ? Or is there s brush on paint I could use (I don't have much experience with paints other than rattle cans)

Hey so what do you guys think if I add another hole in my bottom glass ??? My bottom glass in 1/2" thick ,, I'd add a 3/4" hole in between these two 1" bulkhead holes ,, I have this 3/4" bulkhead marking the position I'd install it
f8d4c2ebb216a6722252569455ab227f.jpg

I don't think I'll have any trouble with strength cuz I have 1/2" glass at the bottom what do you guys think ? Think I can do it safely ?
5496ddcb63b33f219915eb681ee8f7b1.jpg

Because I'd like 2 main over flows instead of one , so 2 main overflows 1 emergency and one 3/4" hole for the return I want everything coming through the bottom so I can push this tank as close as I can to the wall

It's a personal preference but I would think of a way to cover up that overflow. Overflows that run from the bottom tend to stand out. Maybe you could make a rock wall out of it.

It's a personal preference but I would think of a way to cover up that overflow. Overflows that run from the bottom tend to stand out. Maybe you could make a rock wall out of it.

I personally like this overflow style a lot !!

I'm more of a ghost overflow style fan myself. If my rocks weren't made I would be putting that in. For me I want the things that I put in the DT to take up as little space as possible.

I'm more of a ghost overflow style fan myself. If my rocks weren't made I would be putting that in. For me I want the things that I put in the DT to take up as little space as possible.

I get that , I personally like the fact that I can push my tank right up against the wall almost giving the perception that it's built into the wall

Back