75 g build Ogden it

Yes I will be running a manifold ,,
21f210652a33c5888b1f4b6d20fcdd40.jpg

Here is the setup getting ready to drill the 4th hole I was talking about and everything was successful I now have 4 holes cramped in my overflow tower to make for a beananimal hybrid/my style overflow and one 3/4" return line ,, I'm pretty stoked about my setup !! Now if only my deep scratch kit from eBay would arrive I could start removing some scratches !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interested to how you set up your Herbie overflow. Everything I've seen uses 1 1/2" PVC. Do you need those U's (2 90's) on top of all the pipes?

Not sure yet but I think I'm going to use 1" gate valves for my manifold. How are you going to connect to yours? I'm going to use barb fittings on mine.

I'll be using 1 1/4 for my stand pipes and 1" for my plumbing below like I said above a beananimal /hybrid/mystyle overflow

f0d7feb8e7b684d2ad568bdf39a80607.jpg

It depends on what I'm going to be connecting to my manifold bio pellets so far possibly a carbon and GDP reactor so probably barb fittings

Well My deep scratch removal kit from eBay arrived last week, and in attempting to try and remove the scratches from the front pane of glass I stepped the glass creating a wave in the glass
Here is some of the scratches

3ba1caf688838c046da85a848d79d1ee.jpg

Here's getting started with the sanding
d95057a8e9e377b98ac88f4e0157e573.jpg

fbd1db9d64bcb89379fcd5afc9ce2ddc.jpg

After a while I mean 3 days I figured out I messed up the glass,, I pulled the front pane off the tank for replacement
7b7c4e0248ed485f65cdec6867838d5d.jpg

Then once getting the new piece ,, so I found out Thursday night I effed up the glass pulled the panel off and then Friday morning started calling around almost every shop told me they would have to call me back for a price and every shop said they were at least 3 days out !! Which sucked except for Dixon architectural glass in salt lake (which is about 45 min from where I live and work) they said they could have a 3/8" thick by 48"x 24" piece of glass ready by lunch time for me so I hauled balls down there for lunch picked up the new front panel I could not be happier
817e4baea5f766b7cc5d19dde790d3a1.jpg

Now here's the thing I want to talk to everyone about ! I want to show everyone how I attached my piece of glass I used a hybrid injection method / squash method and I recorded everything !! Unfortunately you'll have to watch them on YouTube there are 3 parts because I don't have video editing software

Part 1 https://youtu.be/I8gKltj4aV8

Part 2 https://youtu.be/tWr5TPsu0_w

Part 3 https://youtu.be/qAhx_p3SCSk

I'm thinking of doing a write up about my method of direct injecting silicone let me know what you all thibjbvv

Well I finally got the tank moved down in the basement with the back panel Painted
f1a77ac9fa684d2d3f5728706e4a1b1b.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good !!

75 g build Ogden it

So I started adding a dedicated 120 v 20 amp circuit for the reef tank , I've got our tv our PS4 and my 120 freshwater tank all down stairs I don't want to over load the circuit
Here is the materials I picked up from HD , what is not shown here is my cable snake but you will need one if you want to do this
fe5719dcd0472ab9467f896d2f25c39d.jpg

Here the little area I'll be working in I got the location of the outlet marked with masking tape
0c3718ccf25f332fa248ebbf8a2a19f8.jpg

I was fortunate enough that my floor joists were running the right direction so I found that running a piece of pvc through the space then my cable snake through it worked out pretty good
3a74288ed36f9a97c6aec870f6dc02c8.jpg

Here is we're my wife almost killed me ;) jk so one in the ceiling to catch the snake one hole at the top of the wall to direct the snake down the wall and to the left
9240a463f3704f92d962645e7e6a64b4.jpg

So here again I ran an extra piece of 1/2" pvc down and left diagonally down my wall over one stud to the hole for the outlet (this was the most pain in the *** step of the process
d2e6cc36ee93dfc5fe328a66535d99ce.jpg

Once I got the wire pulled through ,, you can chose to leave the pvc or take it out ,, I took mine out once I had the snake ready to pull the wire I just pulled the pvc out backwards
e0c66d6bdc3ec595e7788c7fb458b3c1.jpg

Here I ran the wire back to my electrical sub panel luckily I had an extra tandem 20 amp circuit breaker already installed in my panel
618082f8cfd2ac2b3cdb6fb96552ef56.jpg

Extra breaker
574f1c5229fc33037ae080bdad19fa77.jpg

Then from here you connect your neutral ground and supply
Neutral
4f00a2be2efb34a1d2090b7fae2121cc.jpg

Last edited:
75 g build Ogden it

Ground
d34aabf3e50d8e4f0e4514b2f6525d88.jpg

Supply
09a39dfe71122a39a39824acfcd72128.jpg

Here's the new circuit wired up
c375711e30386b40dd3a430f389cb457.jpg

And here's wiring for the GFCI outlet
0260b244c915a9a61f0cd6e60015143e.jpg

Here's finished outlet in the wall
073d0cc90f13ee4fde9a1b526601ea1d.jpg

Here's how I started to patch the wall ,, at first I used this method were you trace out the piece of Sheetrock you cut out and cut out 1 inch bigger then peel off the gypsum from the front paper so it doubles as your joint tape ,,
a9e033948eb09cfbed386fa4a3953c31.jpg

6e60dd9677ca3b2c77407365f4f53c3f.jpg

31cf27adcd368a196e11f6679892096a.jpg

I did the same thing for the ceiling and used a knock down knife to blend in my ceiling texture !
4b69ea64650cc3bc7565f9141845b359.jpg

Here's the first patch on the wall ,, because I've never don't this before I sanded down too far and actually had to cut another hole ,, and re patch it with joint tape ! I sanded that down too far and said screw it , it has paint on it currently but I'll fix it later cuz I'm getting kinda ****ed at it ,, lol here a pic of the first patch
2d2a0d4a92d42f088dedbfa71cc111e0.jpg

So anyway it's coming along !!
I received my sump from elite aquatics and I've started plumbing it I'll get pictures soon thanks for following guys !!!!

Last edited:
I need to change the outlet in the wall. I'm also wondering if there is a better way to set up under the stand. Right now I have 3 surge protectors.

It depends on what else you have on that circuit if you have multiple tanks on that one circuit that your tank is plugged into you are probably going to trip the breaker eventually,, if you want to just change out the outlet just change it to a GFCI,, I would leave the search protectors because if you're thinking of doing a bunch of outlet boxes and switches under the stand that's going to take up a lot of space it's going to be a lot of conduit and you're going to run out of room and you might as well just get it apex controller

I need to change the outlet in the wall. I'm also wondering if there is a better way to set up under the stand. Right now I have 3 surge protectors.

Sorry man I keep forgetting to quote you so you know I'm talking to you but I will help you with whatever I can I have some electrical background because I am a building inspector

It depends on what else you have on that circuit if you have multiple tanks on that one circuit that your tank is plugged into you are probably going to trip the breaker eventually,, if you want to just change out the outlet just change it to a GFCI,, I would leave the search protectors because if you're thinking of doing a bunch of outlet boxes and switches under the stand that's going to take up a lot of space it's going to be a lot of conduit and you're going to run out of room and you might as well just get it apex controller

I like the idea of Apex but at it's current price I more then likely won't be getting one. I guess I'll leave the surge protectors then.

I like the idea of Apex but at it's current price I more then likely won't be getting one. I guess I'll leave the surge protectors then.

Just save up for one, fish ,, I promise you won't regret it !! I won't ever have a tank without any apex ,, now there have been some really bad problems with the new apex ,, so it would be very wise to wait several months for the bugs to be worked out !! I had a classic apex on my 55 and loved it !! I'll never go with out !!!! Fish your pretty cool !! We've been going back and forth and I like it !!! Where you live ??

So we our son had to have tubes in his ears ,, and I didn't want to deal with the payments so we paid cash for the procedure to get it over with so that's why I haven't posted in a while ,, however we have been working so overtime at work the past couple weeks and I went tax exempt this pay period so I can have all that money [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857] abs Wednesday is the day I'll be placing my order for the rest of the stuff I'll need to get my tank ready to cycle and then the next check I'll add the rest ,, but here's my sump huge shoutout to Tyler @Eliteaquatics
e5dd8764db93bd6391123b1d1217ba2d.jpg

He builds an amazing sump !! I'm super impressed with the worksmanship of this sump !! I'd buy these over trigger systems sumps any day !! Costs about the same too =\
Check em out www.elite-aquatics.net

Just save up for one, fish ,, I promise you won't regret it !! I won't ever have a tank without any apex ,, now there have been some really bad problems with the new apex ,, so it would be very wise to wait several months for the bugs to be worked out !! I had a classic apex on my 55 and loved it !! I'll never go with out !!!! Fish your pretty cool !! We've been going back and forth and I like it !!! Where you live ??

Sorry didn't see your post I live in Wisconsin

So we our son had to have tubes in his ears ,, and I didn't want to deal with the payments so we paid cash for the procedure to get it over with so that's why I haven't posted in a while ,, however we have been working so overtime at work the past couple weeks and I went tax exempt this pay period so I can have all that money [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857] abs Wednesday is the day I'll be placing my order for the rest of the stuff I'll need to get my tank ready to cycle and then the next check I'll add the rest ,, but here's my sump huge shoutout to Tyler @Eliteaquatics

He builds an amazing sump !! I'm super impressed with the worksmanship of this sump !! I'd buy these over trigger systems sumps any day !! Costs about the same too =\

Hope your kid is ok

How much did that sump set you back? There's no way I could justify the cost of a premade sump. It costs me probably $55 or $60 to make my main Sump.

Back