AI Hydra Settings Thread

Hi everybody!
I'm Vito from Italy,
I do have a cube of 16 gal. It's about 16 inches per side, with a sump. In total is about 23 g.
Mainly sps with some lps-
The light is an Hydra 26.
The lamp is abouth 10 inches from the water.
Here is my setting.
What do you think?
Obviusly I want the best colors out of my corals
My question, is how this UV light effect on the corals.
Thanks a lot

imag

Hello! Is anyone using ATI T5 retrofits in conjunction with Hydra 52's. Was wondering if someone can share their experience. I am going to do this setup on 150 Gal tall. Sps Dominanted tank.
a89f8d288cc7d6ef111562ba37cc0d55.jpg
1187b7e3b34d4c9e528c5b4c4a6ba395.jpg
790caa127b4df00aa75f3977049e0221.jpg
e3475970a1ade2aad31e3b2ef3d24ae3.jpg

Need advise on the choice of Ai Hydra. Shall I go with 3 x Ai hydra 26HD mount in -|-|-|- perpendicular manner or 2 x AI hydra 52 HD mount in -=-=- parallel manner?

My tank is 48"x24"x20"(h). open top no center bracket. I am planning to have some LPS and SPS. Potential rock scape is two islands.

thanks in advance.

3 x Ai hydra 26HD mount in -|-|-|- perpendicular manner

My tank is 48"x24"x20"(h). open top no center bracket. I am planning to have some LPS and SPS. Potential rock scape is two islands.

thanks in advance.

Option "A" is what I would do with that set up. I am going to do something similar on my 120, if I ever get around to setting it up.

Just got a couple of Hydra HDs. I thought these had some preset programs to choose from, but I don't find anything. Do I just need to start setting up my own custom schedule? For the price, the "plug in and enjoy" concept seems lacking.

Just got a couple of Hydra HDs. I thought these had some preset programs to choose from, but I don't find anything. Do I just need to start setting up my own custom schedule? For the price, the "plug in and enjoy" concept seems lacking.

There is an "EASY SETUP" option on myAI.com, but I have never used it. Setting a schedule isn't all that hard with using the slider bars or picking a Kelvin temperature. I've found it rather intuitive compared to some other LED systems I've used.

Hello dear reefers!

would two hydra 26 be enough on a 4 foot mixed reef tank?

I think so, but you should probably have any SPS towards the top half of your tank. Also, depending on how high you have the lights mounted, you will have a "chasm" of low light in the middle of your tank, but should even out closer to the bottom of the tank.

I have a 4 foot long 90g and have two Hydra 52s, and the "chasm" is made worse by a glass brace in the middle of my tank. I've thought about putting a smaller light in the middle to even things out, but haven't gotten around to it yet!

hi guys!! long time reader first time registering to post. Sorry in advance for the long post

Thank you all for all the knowledge i've learned here thru reading.

ok so i have two hydra 26's HD over a 75 gal sw tank.. its just rocks and sand and water now , cycling rock.

my questions are,

#1 what settings for just cycling rock, like how many hrs a day and percentages.. right now i have it set for 0800 -1500 at like 20% max and i tried ramp up and down stuff. tried being the operative word. sometimes one light does it sometimes both, sometimes neither, im still working on it. thank god there are no corals in there or I'd be completely stressed out

#2 i am not seeing a save button , i have so far tried the easy set up.. sliding the left one for the night and the right one for the day.. ? the first day i did it they turned off on time but then not back on the next day

then i tried it again last night and was finding the plus add button and sliding the time thing but no save program button ..and hope that works today , it went off properly but prob is i am work when they go on. and only the one my ai app on my phone w me at work. and i cant adjust it from work cause i have to be on the hydra wifi to operate it so can only do from home. cause we couldnt figure it out on our wifi cause our wifi moves from among three wifis at our house so i think its confused? so the AI software guy had us put it on just hydra wifi ... we just dont know what we are doing w the my ai , which is prob what it all boils down to.

its a bit hard to figure out the lights in general so i just keep reading here every day hoping for new posts. The guys at AI are very nice and patient

but i dont know how to operate it remotely , i dont know if someone else in same house can get same app and also control it , i dont know how to save a program , but it was ramping on this morning when i left so i have hope. i dont even know if they are really communicating w each other or if some leds are out on one unit, cause it doesnt do the exact same thing at same time, per my easy setup ..but maybe it had to think about it more ? like maybe it takes a few hrs to sink in? cause when i did the play button on the easy setup only both lights did certain parts and not all together in sync but when i test all colors on each hydra they all seem to be working.

so then i went back into easy setup looking to see if i need to do each light seperately , cant find anything

ok so its two hydra 26 hd lights above a 75 gal tank 48x18x21 (moving my 20 long SW over into this tank when cycle/rock curing done) , mounted on the ext rails, 10 inches AWL

any help greatly appreciated

cycling rocks you don't need any lighting, run a lot of blues and not much of reds and white IMO if you don't want to see a lot of algae cycle.

Save button, what is that? Oh i'm assuming you don't have a controller someone else should be able to help you there.

yeah thank you so much !!! ok yes i do not want algae , i will just do blues thanks! can i do blues for as many hrs i want? or how many do u think

i only have the my ai app, so i am not seeing any save thing to click on, just a + button, not button but you know something to tap on

Algae is not a light issue. Stay on top of husbandry and have the right amount of clearer crew and algae will not be a problem.

Frankly and just my opinion.. the app sucks, the instructions are horrible as well... I am dissapointed with the phone app.. I'm sure some will say it works perfectly.. but I have had nothing but problems...

I can get it to work on my tablet most of the time.. it always times out on my phone..

The updated app is amazing. Finally color temp control on hydra 52s! Feels like a got a whole new set of lights. Been waiting a VERY long time for this.

Back