Algae Scrubber Advanced

Just wondering how long that light has been working. I got a few similar lights that were 10W and they failed after a couple months. I even put a little fan on each one since they got a little warm, which kept them cool.

Eh.. I tried comparing red & blue & white... I couldn't make out a measurable difference. Algae is pretty indiscriminate in my view... they grow wherever the sun shines.

Others may disagree - I just share my results and observations. More PAR = more algae.

Others may disagree - I just share my results and observations. More PAR = more algae.

I agree.

been running the 30W versions of those lights for a year.

Red on one side and white on the other, water flow dictates growth more so then color

I agree.

been running the 30W versions of those lights for a year.

Red on one side and white on the other, water flow dictates growth more so then color
Do you have a link? Are they truly waterproof?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IP65 | Protected from total dust ingress. | Protected from low pressure water jets from any direction.
That would make sense, rain would qualify as probably less than "low pressure water jets". But IP65 is not for full submersion. Add in IP65 from China, definitely not full submersion.

Well one of my lights died. And not because of exposure to moisture. I see no sign it got any moisture behind the glass (which it did before sealing them), but now it is super dim, and only a single strip lights inside the cluster. Anyway, I dont think i want to get another one of these....so what should I replace it with? My current one is the 50w grow light (all red/pink). I currently have a CFL filling in.....

In fact you can see the moisture in there from BEFORE i sealed them up a couple months ago. That was not present when it stopped working.

This is what I had....
db10fdbf66c12fd30dc6fadb5862a4fd.jpg

Last edited:
Mine aren't rusting at all. I wouldn't lump all China made products together. I'll take some pics.

Yes you can lump all these lights together, they have metal frames not allow and they all will rust if exposed to salt spray.

Yours will if exposed to salt mist.

Not saying don't buy them, great value for price and good light output. Just do not expect miracles. I would buy them again.

Actually, the metal frame is heavily coated and painted. I'll take pics over time. :)

Mine less then a year are ready for the wire wheel and some spray paint.

But in all fairness mine are subject to a lot of salt water mist.

They should be protected

Maybe they mis-printed the IP65, which should have been IP56

Either way, they are garbage.....

I think they just died from the heat, and or low quality parts.

The new lights I got (which are just white/yellow) have worked WAY better, regardless of not being red/pink like these were. I think these also were way overrated in power.

Back