All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright, if we'd like to ask the RC moderators to create a new reef club forum for those of us in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, we'd better come up with a permanent name for it. I made some suggestions on the previous page, but please feel free to add your own. We could take a vote on the most popular names and then end up with something that will stick permanently. Once we get a reef club forum going, we can then begin to discuss meeting places and times for the future.

If you even have a slight interest in doing this, please chime in now. We need to show that a new forum they'd create for us would actually get used on a pretty regular basis.

Ever heard of rare-group? It's a reef club that is local to your area. You can sign up for the email list on groups.yahoo.com (search for rare-group)...

Hope this helps,
Chad D. Bryant

RARE group is for the most part inactive other than being an email list. They really only have one meeting a year these days. The only frag swaps or meetings are at down under.

Re: Frag Swap

Re: Frag Swap

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9505296#post9505296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sidelines24
The next frag swap at Down under is april 21 at 3pm. Hope this helps thanks Kevin owner Down Under.

I will be making the trip back up from New Bern for it. :thumbsup:
Is there going to be any guest speakers?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9500864#post9500864 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lgoins
RARE group is for the most part inactive other than being an email list. They really only have one meeting a year these days. The only frag swaps or meetings are at down under.

If you mean the MASC meeting as the one meeting a year, AFAIK MASC is not RARE. I believe MASC was born of NCFRAG.

RARE has meetings more than once a year, the last one was at Fish World in Raleigh in December. Not monthly, no, but more than once a year certainly.

-Sonja

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9497180#post9497180 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by K9

If you even have a slight interest in doing this, please chime in now. We need to show that a new forum they'd create for us would actually get used on a pretty regular basis.

Count me in.

-Sonja

yeah ill be driving from havelock to the frag swap. hopefully can find some nice ish to stick in Austins tank, so when he gets home he'll get a nice surprise.

Maybe I could talk Kevin into donating a frag to him so when he gets back from Iraq he'll be even mroe happy!!! lol, I bet he's spent around $1000 there just in livestock and some supplies in like 3 months...

smariner,

If I had a huge garage dedicated to the hobby.. hint. hint.. I might be able to host a meeting.

is this where i say hi??

hi, my name is Ashley. i have a problem. its called MTS. if you are wondering what that is, please walk into your livingroom, kitchen, bedroom and gaze at that little glass box with water in it. this is the first sign that you too could be developing... MTS.

hey... should i make that my signature? :)

i have a bit under my belt in the FW department but none at all in SW although i kept a BW for a bit.

i like tiny things. i have tiny fish... i want a 5g nano. :eek1:

lets call this... Dipping My Toe In.

so how often do you guys meet?? :D

-ash

My big green hairy hungry mushroom

My big green hairy hungry mushroom

I just thought I share some pictures of my hungery shroom. When he's full size he's about the size of my palm. Every other day I give him a few marine pellets he seems to love them. Anyway the pic's are cool so I thought I'd share them.

picsfornanoforum006.jpg

picsfornanoforum007.jpg

shrooms022.jpg

Anyone reasonably close to greensboro (or willing to ship) have a mag 5 or 7 laying around gathering saltcreep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back