And the rebuild begins.

cool, Hey fd should have some salt in his tank soon. HIs sqwd came in. Can't wait until he can stock it. We need to have a stocking party at his place. Admission is one frag.

Well got my Mag 12 pump intoday.. I hooked it up to the return/chiller. wanted to see how good it really was, so turned the chiller ball valve off... damn near overflowed my tank!! This tank is going to have nuts flow..

my closed loop setup..

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

dang, thats really sweet. I want one now.
only, i would like to make it like a frame around the top of my tank with multiple jets.

that turned out really nice though!

It was my first time attempting a closed loop but hey it's PVC, you really can't screw it up. Flow is much better with it. I am thinking about one for my clam tank now.

well after a run to the beach in the rain, a couple trips to PPM for water and Makuman for some last min parts.. I finally got my tank up and running.

IMG_2298Medium.jpg

IMG_2299Medium.jpg

IMG_2300Medium.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7537027#post7537027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vest0830
no wonder PPM didnt have water yesterday. Lookin good :)

haha.. you try and get some? :D yea, took all thier salt water and about 10 gallons of RO water.

cant wait for this thing to cycle so I can get my stuff out of the nano..

yea, in a few weeks.

I think im going to get a big gate valve for the output of the skimmer to be able to adjust water lvl better. Also going to swap out the sedra and mag 12. And mabey raise the skimmer up some more.

Be careful about raising up the skimmer too much otherwise you will have to watch your water level like a hawk since evaporation will come into play and effect your skimmer.

it shouldnt, with the gate valve on there and the fact that the pump for the skimmer is sitting in the overflow return side of the tank the amount of water going into the skimmer shouldnt be affected by the water lvl in the return section of the sump. Im wanting to raise it up so it takes up less water volume in that section and allowes more water.

and its done.. I moved all my coral(what I have left) into the 55 gal. The only thing I couldnt move was my feather.. he has attached himself to a good sized rock with a lot of aptasia on it. I lost a LOT of my cleaning crew im down to about 10 hermets and couple of snails. Anyone know where I can get some? I know there are differant kinds of hermits, PPM sells one kind at almost $10.

I just hope everything survives in the big tank, dont think Ive hit my cycle yet. Im going to try and keep it from doing a bad one.. oh well.. we'll see.

Hermits??? When are you off work? I know where to get some... Real cheap too. If you experience a cycle do plenty of water changes to keep the shock down to the coral that are in there. I got some kalk if you wanna try that to hook up the aptasia. BTW, post pics!

PPm has these TINY sails for 15 for 300y. They are tiny though. get like 50 of them. in a few weeks you will have 150- I bought 15 of them about a month and a half ago, I had 15 snails within a hand print on one paine of my glass the other night.

Back