Anemone Question.

MyMonkey

Persona Non Grata
I made purchase of a bleached Sebae Anemone 3 months ago. I was advised that the Bleached look is bad. I have been trying to nurse this guy back to health. He has done very well it seems. Some color is apparent. A slight green look seems to be coming in. At any rate, I am worried about the gaping mouth I see today. I have heard that a gaping mouth may be a sign of trouble. Nothing is actually sticking out of the mouth, it is just open a bit. It still responds to touch and still grabs food. I feed it small bits of Mysis or squished silverside approximately twice weekly. I spread some Cyclopeeze on it yesterday just as supplement. Although, the clowns like to steal everything. I am using the top of a 2 liter bottle as a guard against them. Anyway, here is a pic of the anemone. Look ok?

IMG_3866.jpg

I had a Sebae that did the same thing. I took a curved mosquito forceps and pulled eight pieces of crushed coral out of its mouth shortly after I purchased it.

Thereafter, it would occasionally open its mouth for no apparent reason. It did well until it went for a stroll one night and got sucked into my Seio 1100.

Ok. Will do. Any suggestion on size of the food? I have smallish mysis chunks and the silversides are maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Back