Apex Firmware Update - 4.11 Beta

It appears that Apex firmware v4.11-8B11 is now an official general (non-beta) release, as it now available directly from the downloads page on Neptune's web site.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=48

Hadn't seen this... Since this is the first update since owning the Apex... is this how updates get announced?

Shouldn't there be a more formal announcement or someway to sign up for notifications when updates become available?

Shouldn't there be a more formal announcement or someway to sign up for notifications when updates become available?
I wish there was such a mechanism. Unfortunately, not many vendors actually do such a thing IME (a constant frustration for me, working in the IT field). Right now, the best you can do is to check the Downloads area on Neptune's web site periodically.

Beta firmware releases are announced here on RC by Neptune, but not general "official" releases.

Hadn't seen this... Since this is the first update since owning the Apex... is this how updates get announced?

I'd say probably a higher percentage of users never upgrade theirs than any of us would imagine, only doing so if they run into issue or hear about a feature they want to implement. Pretty much the same for just about any other network style device out there. Home routers, wireless, you name it. Unless you're a techie, you probably don't bother until something is broken.

That being said, an email newsletter or something wouldn't hurt their business, that's for sure.

I wish there was such a mechanism. Unfortunately, not many vendors actually do such a thing IME (a constant frustration for me, working in the IT field). Right now, the best you can do is to check the Downloads area on Neptune's web site periodically.

Beta firmware releases are announced here on RC by Neptune, but not general "official" releases.

Maybe there's a way a moderator in this forum to just change the the title of the beta threads then? Something like "OFFICIAL RELEASE" or something to highlight?

Maybe there's a way a moderator in this forum to just change the the title of the beta threads then? Something like "OFFICIAL RELEASE" or something to highlight?

Yup, but we don't randomly rename thousands of threads like this a day, the OP has to request it.

Yup, but we don't randomly rename thousands of threads like this a day, the OP has to request it.

Thankfully the Apex doesn't randomly update thousands of times a day (ha ha).

No worries... I found out about the official update now. I was under the mistaken impression the posters that are always here and answer our problems on this subforum were moderators to this forum. My mistake.

And to those posters... thanks. You guys are a pretty valuable resource to us Apex users.

FYI, I gave this some firmware update thing some thought, and suggested a couple of mechanisms for doing so to Curt. He concurred with one of my thoughts, and has added it to the Apex feature wish list.

And before someone asks :) ... no timeline was given for getting this implemented. Curt will get to it when he "gets a round tuit" :p

I was under the mistaken impression the posters that are always here and answer our problems on this subforum were moderators to this forum.
LOL... no, we're just enthusiastic controller owners and regular RC users who try to do more good than harm ;)

So maybe I am a bit spoiled, but.... I was trying to update my new MP4W eco smart and WXM that I won at MACNA using my IPAD2 that i won at MACNA using the new beta software curt put on my ipad at MACNA... ( seeing a trend yet?) but when I attempt the update via web or monitor pad I am attempting to update the driver mod by holding down the set button, (after it blinks red/white) but it never blinks green... so, i trie updating the module again using the display pad and i get an Ecosmart update Download error "e" update failed try again... huh?? tried again... power cycle, restart all the basic troubleshooting stuff... any suggestions?

I set up my WXM and MP10 two nights ago... and ran into the exact same problem and error message. Couldn't get the WXM and Ecosmart driver to talk to each other in order to download and update the driver firmware, so every Ecosmart firmware update failed.

I gave up updating the Ecosmart (I have firmware version 2.2 on the Ecosmart... not sure if this is the most up to date). I made the vortech the slave via the instructions on page 6 of the WXM manual and the MP10 showed up in the module setup screen.

I did not try to update the driver firmware after making the ecosmart a slave pump though.

Back