Aquastyleonline.com LED questions.

anyone else still never hear back from aquastyle that sent requests last week?
I ended up grabbing the black friday deal at rapid due to not hearing from aquastyle but still would like to know for future purchases if this is still an ongoing problem.

anyone else still never hear back from aquastyle that sent requests last week?
I ended up grabbing the black friday deal at rapid due to not hearing from aquastyle but still would like to know for future purchases if this is still an ongoing problem.

I received an e-mail from Ray on Monday. i e-mailed him back Monday night asking him to quote me with different driver options and have not heard back yet.

Nick

I emailed him last week Monday, received a response on friday. Replied Friday and received a response Tuesday of this week, so its taking a long time.

If I may, and with the understanding please that none of my comments are directed at anyone here directly or indirectly... :)

FWIW, I am almost certain (presumably so based on the email exchanges he and I had during my purchase) Ray is a one man show at AquaStyle...Has anyone noticed that any/all email communications come from Ray and no one else?...

I'm not sure he is capable of keeping up with the onslaught of emails asking both "what do I need" and "can you please quote this again, but with this change" email requests he must be getting since the news of AquaStyle's website has become so popular over the very recent weeks and months...

an FYI as well, the the Chinese New Year is earlier this year and perhaps he is experiencing some delays from his vendors as well while trying to fulfill his existing orders...

Again, this is not a knock on anyone here, nor am I suggesting that Ray be given a free ride on his delayed replies, as it is always good business to have good communications, but rather I am only suggesting that perhaps there is a bit more to his delays than we may be aware of...

Cet, im with ya brodda... when i first spoke with ray a few months ago I was going back and forward with him through the night(time zone difference) less than 12hrs for response.... but the site certainly has gotten a lot of publicity on here so im sure everyone is asking all sorts of questions... including those that will request quotes and never have the intention of ordering lol.

Well im going to order some more LED's bc i simply dont have enough to cover the whole tank lol. I mean the SPS are coloring just fine now(little at a time but my tank is still cycling) but still would not like to see too many dark areas lol. I attached the new layout... currently the outside 40LED's do not exist, and the Warm whites are still Cool whites...

I feel like the color is much like a phoenix 14 right now, but I want a lil more blue so hopefully the extra blues will be enough.

Going from 120LED's to 160.... I messed up on my count and in the diagram i have 60 CW when in fact its only 58CW oops. I need to order some aluminum square tube now to make my mounting frame which will eventually be covered with either Acrylic housing, Wooden(to match stand) or Aluminum sprayed black(or white to match stand).... it never ends in this hobby lol

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2
Hey nemo what would do you think would be good for a 36x18x20 tank
From aquastyle or reefleds ' how many LEDs would you recommend what kit.

Hey nemo what would do you think would be good for a 36x18x20 tank
From aquastyle or reefleds ' how many LEDs would you recommend what kit.

You think I would be able to grow anything? Also reefleds are Crees I'm not sure aquastlyes are crees & have you heard anything about reefleds

yes the reefleds are cree and the aquastyle are bridgelux.
the reefleds will give you higher in par, but both kits will grow anything in your tank. depending on how high you plan to hang them, will determing whether or not you will have to dim and how much dimming you have to do.
i am happy with my aquastyle leds. but since my tank is so deep, i did add 6 cree xml to the mix. just for high noon setting, when i take par readings, i will post them up here. hopefully this weekend!

what, may I ask, is taking so long?..... :spin1: :spin1: :spin1:

the canopy is sitting on the floor, and i am kind of stuck on the design. not sure how i want to them. How does this affect the leds?
the leds will be attached to the canopy, sitting on rails i made.
right now i am in the process of rewiring the drivers to the leds.
I want to place the drivers in the cabinet, so i have to lengthen the wire and make quick disconnects for them as well. I also have to wire in the 6 xml i added to the build. MY plan is to get the leds wired back up this weekend and do some testing.

How high do you think I should hang them above the tank? & how would I dim them? Sorry but I'm still new to all this lol. It's crazy how much I've been reading thread after thread on here my girlfriend gets upset I lay in bed at night and read off my iPhone lol.

What are xP-e LEDs & how many whites and blues should I get ? Also see they have a premium white n blue as well.
No idea on optics or type of heat sinks or drivers I'll need. Fml

Back