Aquastyleonline.com LED questions.

Correct same ones....

20 10k Bridgelux per heatsink
18 RB Bridgelux Per heasink
2 red Epiled for the "Pop" simply to please the eye.

i messed up on the numbers too sorry, its 120 total LED's 40 on each heatsink. soon as i get home i will fire the fixture up and take a pic, its pretty bright. I really cant compare it to my 48 Cree XPG, XRE setup but i can tell you guys that its still real bright! wish I had a par meter to check the difference. I am not worried to put this over my 210 whener I put it up and worst case i can add 24 more to the rig(XP series from Cree) for that Midday Punch! But with the combination of T5's i dont believe i will have a problem.

Thanks.

IMG_20111014_233732.jpg

Bad picture sorry its just over my 210 waiting.

Someone said that par was only 200 something without water. That's almost terrible. Kinda has me wondering about what they will do with water. Does anybody use these and keep or grow SPS? I mean currently.

You should have ~200+ PAR at the sand bed. If it is 200 PAR above the water then it would diffuse to nothing within the first few inches of water. I would be interested in seeing some PAR readings too.

Well i know for a fact of 2 others growing SPS like with bridgelux led's but, the thing is they supplement with T5 so I cant say for sure that growth is primarily from the LEDs. The tank is 72X24 foot print there are 3 heatsinks like mine but he has 8 36" T5s essentially 4 72" bulbs. So my plan is to run 4 60" bulbs to try and achieve the same result..... Or I guess i could simply add more LED's ;)

Another forum is talking about these LEDs

"I took some quick readings. Here's a pic of the results. 8 Royal Blue (missing 2 optics), 8 Cool white. I'm going to try and build a reflector this weekend and get readings with no optics closer to the water. I will aslo get a better pic of my setup with something other than my iPhone. "

par16LED20L.jpg

any updates from people who have these kits? I have a 72" x 36" x 27"d tank, and this would save a lot of money up front.

I dont have a 36" wide but i do have a24" wide, and it sure seems like a ton of light brodda. I my heatsinks are 16X7 each has 40LED's total of 3 of them(120LEDs) and im running 60* optics. I am thinking of switching over to 80* optics though bc i feel like the beam is way too narrow right now with the 60s. Bleaching in progress!!! lol

I contacted them through email (very fast response) Ray recommended 8 36 diy kits for my size tank. that seems like alot. I have the marineland DD, and it has 2 top braces that are 4" wide each, so I need to account for those. I was also thinking on getting the 90 kit to start with. replacing a few t5 bulbs with them, and see how I like them. my next question would be about the color combo, I was thinking 2RB to 1CW. any suggestions?

What are the dims of your tank? holy smokes on the LED count lol....

I would most deff run 1:1 ratio if you want that 15k look and a 2:1 ratio if you want 20K+ look.... the Cool whites are rated at 10k and the Blues ofcourse are around 460nm ish.... cant remember exactly. But my 1:1 ratio looks white right, both at 100% looks like blueish look of the Pheonix if not a tad bluer. If i would have gone 2:1 ratio it would be too blue for my taste.

If you do go replacing a few T5's at a time as you transition make sure you account for the end result and plan accordingly :).

GL!

Driver Question

Driver Question

I just ordered mine a few days ago and waiting on mail. Do the drivers come with instructions for adding the potentiometer or does anyone know how to do this? I bought the 72kit for my brand new 58 gallon tank(craigslist). it is 36''long and 18'' deep. Is that too many lights? I figured buy more and reduce intensity as necessary. I also got 2 reds and 2 UV included. Do these leds need to be on their own driver? the red has a very low forward voltage compared to all the others? Its my first tank and Im getting excited.

The kit comes with a simple instructions page that is perfectly readable. The short version is that you connect 2 adjacent tabs of a potentiometer to the 2 white wires coming out of the Out end.

As for the separate driver deal, the simple answer is no. Because you only have 2 of each their total voltage won't get anywhere near the 30V minimum the driver needs to run properly. I would probably tie the red in with the whites and the UV with the blues, as they are the closer color relations in each case.

Thanks Gorgok. I guess what I am really wondering about is if there is a screw i need to rotate similar to MeanWell ELN-60-48 drivers. Those seem to be the drivers of choice and there is youtube videos showing to turn the screw to the left and adjust the amps after connecting the leds.

I just ordered mine a few days ago and waiting on mail. Do the drivers come with instructions for adding the potentiometer or does anyone know how to do this? I bought the 72kit for my brand new 58 gallon tank(craigslist). it is 36''long and 18'' deep. Is that too many lights? I figured buy more and reduce intensity as necessary. I also got 2 reds and 2 UV included. Do these leds need to be on their own driver? the red has a very low forward voltage compared to all the others? Its my first tank and Im getting excited.

Yikes that is going to be bright. I have 24 over a 40 gallon and they are turned down.

Thanks Gorgok. I guess what I am really wondering about is if there is a screw i need to rotate similar to MeanWell ELN-60-48 drivers. Those seem to be the drivers of choice and there is youtube videos showing to turn the screw to the left and adjust the amps after connecting the leds.

No screw, it is a constant current driver. Potentiometer are very easy to install. Just make sure everything is wired before you plug in. There is also a slight pause when you first plug it in.

I have 90 on my 125 and have had them for about 2 months running. just under the surface of the water i have par around 500 and at the sand bed i have 135. i have the optice that came with the kit using the kit drivers. I think that i am going to add another 36 in a few months.

i have 54 rb and 36 white

here is a pic of a tricolor colony i have growing good about halfway down in the tank

SDC10199.jpg

I want to put this led to my new tank, it will be basiclly a softy tank (mushroom, zoas, soft, etc) my tank is 66x20x24 do you think 72 leds kit is enough for those corals??

Back