Aquastyleonline.com LED questions.

scaling up would just require larger transformers/mosfets/triacs to make it work. The koralia's are very low power circulation pumps, so I don't need anything too bulky for them, but the circuit design would be identical between the two. You would just need larger CPT's to make it work.

For have many led i run i should need burn me tank up and in me i think is dim in 100 % i need new battery tu see if i getting in of amps to each string i cone maybe take down the light and re-solder and spread difrent way.
Tank 48x24x18 - right now i have 52 RB, 52 B , 47 white 18k 3 red , 3 green run and is look dim way dim fore that many led if any one from Baltimore cont help have par meter come overe me doors is olways open and help out i hate to lose everything bikoz off this switch .

sorry here is pics

Attachments

• 1329754991580.jpg
    1329754991580.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 1329743206395.jpg
    1329743206395.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1329755018872.jpg
    1329755018872.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2
Well I was supposed to go do another fixture on Tuesday but he has a bass club meeting. I can bring over some goodies to test out what you have going on anytime after say 5pm

and I do have a par meter as well too so we can play with the intensity of the fixture too

Thats sounds good i should be home from work that time i cone test now the amps coming tu each string .Thanks for the help.

There is aluminium shop her in Baltimore i pay i think like70$ for it and they cut it for me i buy 16 ft unit and they cut iit tu 48x3 in.

Can anyone recommend a setup for a 180 gallon long (72" x 24" x 24")

I just purchased the tank so its empty but when i have it setup I want to go LED

I was not sure if the 120 led kit would work or would i need something more

I plan to use the c channels

Thanks in advance

I just purchased the tank so its empty but when i have it setup I want to go LED

Thanks in advance

I have the same tank. 120 was perfect in my eyes. I sold the fixtures as i wasnt happy with the color. It had too much white. Im building another in the next two weeks. I will be buying the 120 kit again but ill be using different colors

Thanks in advance

I have a 175g bowfront that is basically the same dimensions as your tank. I have 108 leds from aquastyle and built a rig that sits 8 inches above the top of tank. I used C channels as wells...4 rows of 27 each with 80 degree optics. My tank is a mix of softies and Lps and i have no problems with growth. I think 120 leds should be sufficient, however, to be sure if I were you i would buy 5 more leds and build a rig that is 5 rows of 25. That will definitely be enough.

Erik

I have the same tank. 120 was perfect in my eyes. I sold the fixtures as i wasnt happy with the color. It had too much white. Im building another in the next two weeks. I will be buying the 120 kit again but ill be using different colors

What combo did you use the first time?

I was looking at the 60 Royal Blue + 60 10000K white

Also what is your new plan?

Thanks for the quick reply!

what you are getting is what i got last time. I was not happy at all. Besides when you mix 10k with royal blue your tank will be purple. That was the thing i hated the most. My sons tank is still like that. Im changing out his too. The way im doing it is as follows
2:1 mix royal blue to white 45 k. I just completed a test fixture with this combo and i arranged them like the AI Sol with clusters of 3. What a difference. I may also add some red and cyan but not many and they wont have lenses.

I have a 175g bowfront that is basically the same dimensions as your tank. I have 108 leds from aquastyle and built a rig that sits 8 inches above the top of tank. I used C channels as wells...4 rows of 27 each with 80 degree optics. My tank is a mix of softies and Lps and i have no problems with growth. I think 120 leds should be sufficient, however, to be sure if I were you i would buy 5 more leds and build a rig that is 5 rows of 25. That will definitely be enough.

Erik

Agreed totally

what you are getting is what i got last time. I was not happy at all. Besides when you mix 10k with royal blue your tank will be purple. That was the thing i hated the most. My sons tank is still like that. Im changing out his too. The way im doing it is as follows
2:1 mix royal blue to white 45 k. I just completed a test fixture with this combo and i arranged them like the AI Sol with clusters of 3. What a difference. I may also add some red and cyan but not many and they wont have lenses.

Thanks. When you get your new color combo will you post pics and give me an update to the color. I dont want a real purple look. I like would like a blueish tint tho.

Cont you post pics hove the fixture look like please.

Back