ASM Skimmer Club!

I have a ams g3 with a gx2400 pump does anyone know if the sedra 5000 impeller will work in my gx2400 pump
Thanks in advance

My g3 with the sedra 5000 is working too good. It's making green almost black skim and really bubbly. Good problem to have I guess, my problem is that it's foaming out the top lid where it twists on to the cup and stinks to high heaven. Is their a way to help this problem?

Well my Sedra 5000 died after 9 years of 24/7 service. Considered another pump but with the life I got from the original, decided to go with another Sedra.

Looking for a pump recommendation from anyone willing to offer one. Currently I have a recirculating G-6 with a gate valve. One of the three Sedra 9000's died on me and the others are fairly noisy, so I was hoping to replace all three with something a bit quieter without losing any performance. It's going to be going on a system with ~600g of water. I've been looking into the Sicce PSK-1000 or PSK-2500 and some of the Bubble Blaster pumps, but was just curious if there were any specific recommendations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for a pump recommendation from anyone willing to offer one. Currently I have a recirculating G-6 with a gate valve. One of the three Sedra 9000's died on me and the others are fairly noisy, so I was hoping to replace all three with something a bit quieter without losing any performance. It's going to be going on a system with ~600g of water. I've been looking into the Sicce PSK-1000 or PSK-2500 and some of the Bubble Blaster pumps, but was just curious if there were any specific recommendations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have replaced my Sedra9000 with a bubble blaster 3000s. Much quieter and seem to get more foam/better performance.

I bought a asm g4xx body should I replace pump with stock replacement or mod it I have a gate valve mod down on skimmer

Do u have any pics by chance

I used 1.5" piping and a gate valve:
Here's a pic I found on the web:
images_zpsp0pqlepg.jpg

Here's my ASM G4xx skimmer mod

When my Sedra 9000 died I replaced it with a Bubble Blaster 3000s. Works GREAT!

I think a DC pump would do fine if you can mod it to fit. I would chose something close to your current pump. Not sure what would be close to the gx2500.

The Sedra 9000 running on my G4 seized up earlier this week. Is this still the best pump for this skimmer? What are my options? Space in my sump is very tight and the Sedra 9000 barely fit in there.

Back