ASM Skimmer Club!

I have an ASM G3 with the gate valve mod. Looking to upgrade the pump (old sedra 5000) to a new one as it is going out. Any suggestions?

Muffler=Section of 2 inch pipe with a hole drilled in both ends with foam seperating the holes. The end of the air hose gets put into one hole. When you get into pumps that can suck a lot of air, it can help quiet the sucking noise.

How do you* tap or *drill? a hole for the collection cup and where can I find a little barbed fitting with shut off for it to screw into?
Thanks, Marksreef.

Bubble blasters are so good, they have really good reviews on youtube too.
The good thing about them is that they consume so little energy.

How do you* tap or *drill? a hole for the collection cup and where can I find a little barbed fitting with shut off for it to screw into?
Thanks, Marksreef.

If you can, back up the plastic with a piece of wood. Use a variable speed drill and go slow. I used guest valves. HD sells them.

Thanks, Marksreef.

alternately you could use a small uniseal. They make them down to 1/4" - go to aussieglobe.com

Will you run the Tunze recirculating style? If you do you might have a hard time getting the pump's input mounted into the skimmer's body. I couldn't get the medium hydrofoamer to fit my G1x, had to go with the smallest hydrofoamer.

I ended up running my tunze 9420 as the only pump for my G4. after putting it in, I didnt need the recirculating sedra. best upgrade I ever did for the skimmer. If I remeber correctly, I put a 1" to 3/4" reducer on the pump output, and then slid the 3/4" pipe into the stock mounting hole.
actually here is a pic

I ended up running my tunze 9420 as the only pump for my G4. after putting it in, I didnt need the recirculating sedra. best upgrade I ever did for the skimmer. If I remeber correctly, I put a 1" to 3/4" reducer on the pump output, and then slid the 3/4" pipe into the stock mounting hole.
actually here is a pic

Did the 9420 overwhelm the G4? Did you have to make any adjustments to the bigger pump vs. if I were to go with the 9410? I have the G3 so the body diameter is 2 inches smaller.

when I get home I will have to double check what size mine is, but looking at that pic, i would still guess its a 3/4 hole. but maybe its a 1" with a 1"25 couple on the pump side?

I know the Sedra 5000 came with two different output sizes, both 3/4" and 1", I have both. My old ER Sedra 5000 has a 3/4" output and my ASM Sedra 5000 has the 1" output. 3/4" pvc fits the ER and 1" pvc fits the ASM.

Back