ASM Skimmer Club!

I installed a bubble plate from avast marine and a diablo 3500 doc skimmer pump. It has been running for a little over a week and is producing some good skim mate. Here are some pics. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397609871.232368.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397609886.693687.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397609898.218674.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397609907.574558.jpg

looking for opinions:
I have an ASM g4-xx and looking to upgrade my pump. The stock pump is sedra 15000; I'm considering the Bubble Blaster 3000s or 5000s.

FIY: the G4-xx is body is 8.5" wide and 30" tall

anyone have experience with replacing the sedra 15000 with Bubble blasters?

thanks

Has anyone here ever tried replacing the pumps with jebao pumps? (Dc pumps) should save on operating costs I assume

Has anyone here ever tried replacing the pumps with jebao pumps? (Dc pumps) should save on operating costs I assume

I replaced my G3 with a diablo dc skimmer pump. Also installed a DIY bubble plate. It performs awesome and I can adjust the skimmer by also changing the dc pump setting. Diablo and jebao dc pumps are red same.

I replaced my G3 with a diablo dc skimmer pump. Also installed a DIY bubble plate. It performs awesome and I can adjust the skimmer by also changing the dc pump setting. Diablo and jebao dc pumps are red same.

Really sweet because I am really getting tired of those noisy pumps... It's the only pump sound in my fish room. Everything else is dc pump.

Did you have to modify the outlet of the pump or the inlet to fit the elbow that comes with the asm skimmer?

Any pictures please? :)

Really sweet because I am really getting tired of those noisy pumps... It's the only pump sound in my fish room. Everything else is dc pump.

Did you have to modify the outlet of the pump or the inlet to fit the elbow that comes with the asm skimmer?

Any pictures please? :)

Post #1321 has the pics.

FWIW I replaced the Sedra 5000 on my G3 with a Sicce PSK-600. Works just as well with half the power consumption and 1/10 the noise.

Not sure if my mini g is working properly, im getting an 1/8" cup a day or so. The skim mate is clearish with a green tint to it. I'm not getting the black gunk. I have a cyno outbreak now. I have 2 clowns, small fox face and a tiny hippo tang. It's in a 65 reef
My ooutlet tube is about an inch from the top of the cup and the air inlet is wide open. How can I fine tune it?

Looking for some input on an ASM G-5.

I have a 650 gallon system plumbed to one sump and want to get a skimmer. I found a G5 local to me. Is anyone still running this skimmer? It comes with two brand new Sedra 9000 pumps. It says it's rated for 700 gallons. Any pros/cons? Any mods that will be needed? Should I just invest the big$$$$ and get a super reef octopus 6000sss?

Looking for some input on an ASM G-5.

I have a 650 gallon system plumbed to one sump and want to get a skimmer. I found a G5 local to me. Is anyone still running this skimmer? It comes with two brand new Sedra 9000 pumps. It says it's rated for 700 gallons. Any pros/cons? Any mods that will be needed? Should I just invest the big$$$$ and get a super reef octopus 6000sss?

G5 is a great skimmer, I have the g4xx. You should definutely do a gate valve mod. Make sure you have the space for it; it is very tall.

Still running my G4x, and I bought it used 9 years ago. It will work great with the 2 new sedra pumps, although they will put out a little heat and use some power compared to the modern day DC pumps. as long as I dont drop this one and shatter it, I dont see myself ever buying another skimmer.

I am considering retrofitting my old G2 with a dc skimmer pump. I have an Reef Octopus Extreme 200 currently, but it is difficult to remove the collection cup due to its enormous size.

Can I retrofit my old G2 with a new dc pump for reef octopus skimmers? Would it perform better than Octopus Extreme 200?

Back