Back in the Hobby after 15-20 yrs

Quick question everyone, as I freak out about everything! This tank is obviously not rimless, but has eurobracing, which appears diy. The bottom of the tank has the same black bracing as the top, but that leaves the bottom glass raised a bit from the mat on top of the stand. Is this ok? I’ve only ever had an acrylic tank, so glass is a new adventure

I'm pretty sure that's standard with glass tanks.

Back to the boring minutiae of research.....it was nice to get my hands dirty this past weekend and make a little headway. Since the sump is out and cleaned up I’m thinking of bringing it up to LAX aquariums and seeing how to work out a rollermat. That will determine how I approach my plumbing. Also I’ve been pretty much convincing myself I need an emergency drain.....if nothing else than piece of mind. I also remember how loud my overflow was before, and I want this thing silent (my other one was simply a piece of pvc with a bunch of holes predrilled in it?. Not very quiet. Pretty much set on the return hole in the overflow being an emergency drain, and will change the Durso style return drain to the main drain with a gate valve (Herbie style). Then run the return line up the back along the middle brace and over the back of the overflow. There is no eurobracing there, so it should be pretty easy. Thoughts? Since I’ll more than likely be up at LAX, I can also buy the plumbing supplies as they have it all there. More to come in a few days

Well so much for going slow?. Bringing the tank up to LAX aquarium today. Went up yesterday with my sump and plumbing and talked to Kris. Going to have them plumb the tank, which puts my mind, and my wife’s, at ease. Also feel better about him checking the tank out as well. Watching those videos of tanks exploding freaks me out?. Going to plumb in a Clarisea, set up a Nyos skimmer, and install a Vertec M2 return. Also going to have him aquascape for me.....all collaborative so I still am very involved, just want the vital parts of the tank done correctly. Here we go!!

Well so much for going slow?. Bringing the tank up to LAX aquarium today. Went up yesterday with my sump and plumbing and talked to Kris. Going to have them plumb the tank, which puts my mind, and my wife’s, at ease. Also feel better about him checking the tank out as well. Watching those videos of tanks exploding freaks me out?. Going to plumb in a Clarisea, set up a Nyos skimmer, and install a Vertec M2 return. Also going to have him aquascape for me.....all collaborative so I still am very involved, just want the vital parts of the tank done correctly. Here we go!!

NIce:beer:

Since the cat is out of the bag now, thinking of a fish list. Let me know what you guys think. A lot of them are fish I used to have
percula pair, and an anemone
yellow assessor basslet
yellow tang
bristletooth tang
blue spotted jawfish
lawnmower blenny
bluejaw trigger
longnose hawkfish
monocle bream

Since the cat is out of the bag now, thinking of a fish list. Let me know what you guys think. A lot of them are fish I used to have
percula pair, and an anemone
yellow assessor basslet
yellow tang
bristletooth tang
blue spotted jawfish
lawnmower blenny
bluejaw trigger
longnose hawkfish
monocle bream

You checked the price on a yellow tang lately?

Everything is looking great! Things have definitely changed. I think you got some great reccomendations for lights and really can’t go wrong either way. I would strongly encourage buying or renting a par meter as LED can still fry coral and they can put out significant par even at lower levels

For fish, it looks pretty good. Might be a little small for the blue tail when it gets adult size but should be fine for a while

Yeah if the blue jaw gets too big I’ll find it a new home and get a small one again. That’s my favorite fish

Back