Back in the Hobby after 15-20 yrs

Should be getting tank back this week....spent way more than I should have, but it was everything I need anyways (return pump, skimmer, roller and plumbing). Going to have two drains, and also going to have a manifold that diverts water to the area that used to be for filter socks. Can use area for a small refugium or carbon. Can also use it to recirculate the sump if I want to clean it up.....

Got tank home. Coming together

Attachments

• photo412514.jpg
    photo412514.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 22
  • photo412515.jpg
    photo412515.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • photo412516.jpg
    photo412516.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
Aquascape...wanted it better but oh well, looks a heck of a lot better than my last tank. The glue I bought sucked! But again, oh well. Whoever is out there besides John, this is my progress

Attachments

• photo412530.jpg
    photo412530.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • photo412531.jpg
    photo412531.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • photo412532.jpg
    photo412532.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
Thanks guys. If only 3 people are responding to this just pm me.... this whole thread seems like I’m talking to my hand

Thanks guys. If only 3 people are responding to this just pm me.... this whole thread seems like I’m talking to my hand

Not at all. It's a build thread and it helps others map their own paths. Some people just watch these threads like a movie, waiting to see what's going to happen next. I think you are doing a great job!

Thanks everyone, had some beers after a long weekend and thought “why am I talking to the internet?”?. Still kind of in shock after dropping so much $$ as well and sitting here looking at an empty tank, but it’s still the beginning of a looonnnggg journey. I hope the $$$ up front leads to better success long term. Now it’s time to clean up my wiring, patch up the picture holes on the back wall?, and then put sand and water in. Should be ready to start cycling in about a week or so. Once I start the cycle, I’m looking at a long 3-4 months just to stabilize everything.

Also going to get a gfci outlet for the tank as well before filling it all up. Don’t want to have to move it away from the wall once it gets going

Also going to get a gfci outlet for the tank as well before filling it all up. Don’t want to have to move it away from the wall once it gets going

Don't forget a grounding probe for the tank when you start adding water.

Sorry travdixon, I sort of lost track of your thread but now I am following again.

I enjoyed reading about your journey up to this point and I like what you have done so far. Your scape looks pretty good, you are too hard on yourself.

It will be fun to see you fill it up and get started.

Back