Bay Area LFS trip

Notice the sign in this next pic.
Theft has been a problem so now there's camera's checking everything out. I'm always surprised when I hear about theft at an LFS. There's some strange folk out there.
By the way, if you think Sam was drooling in a previous pic, here, he's jumping out of his skin!!
BayLFStrip_612.jpg

Check out this round tank.

BayLFStrip_621.jpg

BayLFStrip_619.jpg

sad to hear ken talk about shoplifters. he said he saw the guy who stole from him and confronted him... only for the thief to say the coral died and won't pay for a dead coral!

that round tank is just incredible

Here's owner Ken hookin' us up. He gave us a great deal. Sam and Joel are counting our money's. The look on Joels face says it all....."What am I gonna tell Erin"?

BayLFStrip_618.jpg

That's our tour y'all. Until next time. Peace, Love and Good Times!

Wow, that is a road trip I would of loved to join. Looks like you all had a great time.
Thanks Joe for the pictures.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14995889#post14995889 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Auntbeez
Wow, that is a road trip I would of loved to join. Looks like you all had a great time.
Thanks Joe for the pictures.

Hey Barb, we been on road trips together and they're always fun.
Part of that fun is wondering what jewel is waiting for us at the next LFS.
This trip was cool because I had no idea what the next LFS was like at all. With he exception of Atlantis Aquarium (transition period?), the LFS's were new to me and they did not dissapoint.

Hey Joe , I'll PM you. It wasn't the Outback, it was the Carl's Jr's that I had for lunch Friday. Wife is good to go....Bless her for taking care of me. I'm thinking maybe Sunday

SAM, did you end up getting those polyps on the 5th pick ? Those look to have potential.

Karson is a really cool dude. He told me a while ago about the shop they've opened. Went a couple of times to the place they used to run their tanks at ( cool surge tanks ) , do they have the surge tanks hooked up at their shop? Actually have gotten a bunch of really nice corals from him at great prices and he doesn't mind fragging stuff for you either.

Charles-

Charles - I agree with what you're saying about Karson. Excellent service.
Here's some of the things I picked up.

Bayfrags_623.jpg

Bayfrags_622.jpg

Bayfrags_624.jpg

all your acans look fantastic joe. that last one is supppper bright :)

charles,

i didn't get any zoas/palys.. i don't really collect em like i used to.

kevin,

which carls was it? my wife got really sick from one of them too..

It was great seeing the three of you there! :) AC is one of the stores I regularly stop by for some drygoods and check out fish. Plus I buy their rock crabs there to feed my mantis. Great store with lots to looks at.

I was talking to Ken and staff and their putting a wall up on the front half of the store to sub-lease out where the new tanks were. They plan on keeping the same amount of livestock and less tanks for sale.

Yeah, I was having a hell of a time finding stuff like aminos until I notice the shoplifter signs and realized all the good stuff is behind the counter.

Here's a pic of a chalice we got on this trip. Sorry for the lousy quality.

It's about the size of a frisbee. The color isn't quite right in this pic but you get the idea.

We're gonna have to cut this thing three ways.

Bayfrags_625.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15010174#post15010174 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluenassarius
saweet :) gotta make some room in my nano lol

I heard that!! :lol2:

-Justin

Back