Bay Area LFS trip

What is wrong with this picture?

I guess I wasn't quick enough with finding directions on Joel's computer so we were rollin' like this. I guess ther's no law against it.

BayLFStrip_617.jpg

Next stop ATLANTIS AQUARIUM

LOL great pic joe. :)

rob, your shop gets better and better everytime i visit. neptune is a hidden hot spot for acans if ya'll are lookin 4 em. there was one i really liked but couldn't take it home w/ me. next time possibly!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14993062#post14993062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluenassarius
hey joe,

i've seen lots of zoas/palys in my time but haven't seen those crazy palys w/ the rainbow skirts. it had a crazy spectrum of colors on the skirts.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/Joes210galreef/BayLFStrip_577.jpg

The camera doesn't do justice to most of these corals.

Did we even ask how much they went for?

Or was it "If you have to ask don't bother".

I can't remember if this pic was from Aquatic Gallery or Neptune Aquatics.

I'll post it anyway. Sorry guys.

BayLFStrip_575-1.jpg

the only thing i asked about was the acan at aquatic gallery.. $65 per head.

that last pic is from aquatic gallery. that tank was in the back against the wall across from all the acros.

Here we are at ATLANTIS AQUARIUM in Hayward.

This display tank is the one next to the front door.
The other one they had has been taken down. It sprung a leak. The person working there said something about them trying to reinforce it (it's acrylic) with more bracing and this caused undue pressures.
That's really a shame. Last time I was here (exactly 1 year ago) that tank was beautiful.

BayLFStrip_599.jpg

BayLFStrip_596.jpg

More crazy colors. This was in the display tank.

BayLFStrip_598.jpg

Atlantis Aquarium seems to be going thru a transition period. Not nearly as much coral as I saw last year. That doesn't mean ther aren't good buys, and the service was excellent.

This is AQUATIC COLLECTION in Hayward.

This is a new store. It's been open for only 6 months at their current location. They were an on-line operation out of Alameda for years.

We almost didn't make this stop. Because it's a new store, we hadn't heard too much about it. Man, am I glad we stopped here.
Love the way it's laid out.
One of the owners (Karson) was busy tying to help everyone. Just so happens that the BARS BOD got there at the same time we did. I think that was the BARS BOD, if I'd of known at the time, I would've included them in the pics. Sorry guys.

BayLFStrip_594.jpg

BayLFStrip_608.jpg

BayLFStrip_609.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14994035#post14994035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FishGuy5
Good stuff, Guys!!! Must have been a fun time!

John, we had a blast.
We met some real nice people at all the stores!
The Bay Area has it goin' on.

This is Karson (sp?) and friend.

BayLFStrip_603.jpg

Ginger - Sam wasn't the only one drooling. When it was all said and done we were all a slobbering mess.

Next stop, AQUARIUM CONCEPTS.

This trip was off the chains! Kevin, you missed out on a good one buddy. We'll drag you with us on the next one for sure though.

All I can say is the Bay Area has some great LFS's. They had some stuff I have never even seen before! And really great service. Some places also had really great deals. Well, all except for one. They were charging ridiculous prices in my opinion.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14992874#post14992874 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Joes210gal
BayLFStrip_617.jpg

This shows you my ghetto version of a GPS. Microsoft Streets and Trips on my laptop. That's how I roll. Sad thing is I do this for a living...Lol.

Fun times!

Hey that's great! Glad to see AC's store front up, I didnt know that yet myself but have done alot of business with Karson in the past and is really a stand up guy with an eye for the good stuff ;)

-Justin

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! You know I would have blown the bank at Neptune. Looks like we're going again before the next planned visit. Either that or I go Solo-bolo! JP....The Bay is where it all started for me Bro...so you know how I feel. Hey I lost 10lbs so I guess the ailment was good for something.

Last edited:
Last stop, AQUARIUM CONCEPTS in Dublin

We got here just in time to check the store out before closing.
Good thing too. We scored on some great deals.

We ran into 'Nuuze' here. He said this is one of his favorite stores.

They just put a 'For Sale' sign on one of their frag tanks with a stand. Tempting.....
Owner 'Ken', gifted MARS with some gift cards for the raffle this Friday. How cool is that?

BayLFStrip_616.jpg

The frag tank and stand for sale is the one right in the middle of this picture. Still had water in it.

BayLFStrip_611.jpg

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14995158#post14995158 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Backinthegame
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! You know I would have blown the bank at Neptune. Looks like we're going again before the next planned visit. Either that or I go Solo-bolo! JP....The Bay is where it all started for me Bro...so you know how I feel. Hey I lost 10lbs so I guess the ailment was good for something.

Let me know when we're going Kevin, I'm ready!
Thank God you got thru that food poisoning with your life. Remind me not to eat there. Was your wife sick also?

Back