Big news for angelfish fans of RCT

Wayne, congrats, and what an amazing way to pick up your new fish! I'm guessing you'll have better luck introducing the hybrid with the interrupta at such small sizes (plus, in a 375 I think there will be plenty of room!). How do you feed while he's in the acclimation container? I'm guessing you don't get much food flowing through it, but think it'd be easy to shoot some mysis in with a turkey baster.

Please keep us posted with how it does, and let's see pictures of the femininus wrasse too!

That was amazing !!!! Congrats on your happy day !

Off "angels" topic:
As for the black widow, it looks very much like a brotulid we see often around here (Stygnobrotula latebricola).
There are also videos on youtube of this fish so you can tell us how similar it looks like.

Wayne, congrats, and what an amazing way to pick up your new fish! I'm guessing you'll have better luck introducing the hybrid with the interrupta at such small sizes (plus, in a 375 I think there will be plenty of room!). How do you feed while he's in the acclimation container? I'm guessing you don't get much food flowing through it, but think it'd be easy to shoot some mysis in with a turkey baster.

Please keep us posted with how it does, and let's see pictures of the femininus wrasse too!

Hey David, that's exactly how I feed my fish while their in the acclimation box - turkey baster. It ensures that they can take their time eating too and not have to worry about the other pigs in my tank stealing their food.

Anyway here are some pics of my Femininus Wrase as requested. I got it 2 days ago and I saw it again this morning so, so far so good:

Femininus-3.jpg

Femininus-1.jpg

Femininus-2.jpg

Femininus-6.jpg

Everyone else, thanks for your kind words and I will update with pics soon.

Wayne....

I just read your story and WOW!! This must be the equivalent of winning the "fish lottery"!:thumbsup:

Wayne, all the fish are looking great! That femininus wrasse is a show-stopper in terms of color, but I'm loving the hybrid and interrupta.

Thanks everyone! Well I had a scary and stressful evening. Everyone seemed cool so I let Wallace out of its acclimation box. Hero didn't like it right away. He was flashing, nipping and bullying Walkace pretty intensely. This went on for a couple of minutes, so I went and broke out the fish trap because I thought I needed to catch Hero.

Anyway long story short, I put a lot of mysis in the trap but Hero never went in. He just stayed out front picking off the mysis that floated out. This went on for about an hour and he must have lost interest in Wallace because now he just ignores him.

My female hooded wrasse and borbonius show Wallace more attention. I think we're in the clear! I hope I see Wallace eat tomorrow. Wish me luck!

maybe the way to go with this fish would have been to qt for awhile. get the weight up, and make sure hes nice and healthy. on a side note do you QT any of these fish? amazing pic of the fem with his teeth showing! looking good!

Wayne, You did win the "fish lottery" with that story. I would Love to meet Frank in person!!! How are things going with the Interrupta and hybrid over the last few days??

Wayne, You did win the "fish lottery" with that story. I would Love to meet Frank in person!!! How are things going with the Interrupta and hybrid over the last few days??

My pleasure guys. Things are going well although Wallace is very very shy still. He hides in the rock work and I have to really look to find him. Hero leaves him alone most of the time although chases Hero away every once in awhile.

Nice addition Wayne. In the picture I posted before of my hybrid Resplenda the Interrupta is the male I got from you a few years ago. I also added a tiny wild Interrupta for my male and so far so good....my male is in love!!!

Nice addition Wayne. In the picture I posted before of my hybrid Resplenda the Interrupta is the male I got from you a few years ago. I also added a tiny wild Interrupta for my male and so far so good....my male is in love!!!

Very nice Stacie. Congrats on completing your pair again. May I ask you where you got your Interrupta? I wanted to pair mine up too. Unfortunately, the other Interrupta didn't make it.

Back