Big news for angelfish fans of RCT

Isn't that one of the factors that make angels so hard to raise--the fact that they have pelagic fry? Fascinating how that complex has spread so far! :)

Does anybody know which retailers ended up getting the angels being auctioned off by Quality Marine?

Live Aquaria will be posting a few soon...

Very cool about Absolutely Fish... I used to go there all the time growing up in North Jersey... they were at the time called Aqua Tropics...

Copps

:celeb3:

I'll be checking my DD alerts even more obsessively now. :D

Well check now ;)

Coming tonight...

resplendens_argi_hybrid.jpg

Copps

Last edited:
Well check now ;)

Coming tonight...

resplendens_argi_hybrid.jpg

Copps

I saw the listing in DD alerts! I'm still hyperventilating. :lol: Even more so now that I've seen it--that is a beautiful, beautiful fish. I wonder how many people will be on DD refreshing the page every 10 seconds this evening? ;)

ok so everyone know how some designer clowns have mutations, well does the mouth of this angel appear to be somewhat mutated?

Well they have more then. Wonder who else is going to end up with these little beauties.

They were auctioned to the businesses from Quality Marine. They are not being auctioned to the public. These are the fish that were auctioned, Diver's Den doesn't sell fish that haven't been properly quarantined and deemed healthy, hence the couple week gap before selling.

ok so everyone know how some designer clowns have mutations, well does the mouth of this angel appear to be somewhat mutated?

I know what you mean, but I don't see any evidence of that at all in this case. That is a glorious, perfect little fish.

If I only had enough income, that wee beastie would be on his way to me next week. C'mon, somebody buy him and put some money in Frank's pocket so he can breed more angels! :D

They were auctioned to the businesses from Quality Marine. They are not being auctioned to the public. These are the fish that were auctioned, Diver's Den doesn't sell fish that haven't been properly quarantined and deemed healthy, hence the couple week gap before selling.

Cool. Just wish I had the cash to pick up a couple. Definitely would not be resold though lol.

I like the ones with purple speckles on the yellow portion of their face. This one doesn't appear to have them and looks more like an argi than a resplendant.

Back