blue tangs in very small tanks... what compells people to do so...

thank you for the response. Honestly I'm not worried about the hippo outgrowing my tank it will be quite some time before that happens he's maybe the size of a 50cent peice if that. And its the dottyback I knew it wasnt a royal gramma I love those fish but i have had 2 disappear in 6 months so i dont want to "lose" another. I think maybe my serpent is jumping them not sure.

jus becuz you like them doesnt mean it is ok for you to stuff one in a 50g cube... we are trying to create awareness, not ignorance, or promote selfishness

If you want "to create awareness, not ignorance, or promote selfishness", then you should put your Tangs back into the ocean where they belong instead of a small confined space. It doesn't matter 50 gal or 150 gal, it's still relatively small comparing to their natural habitat. :wavehand: :wavehand: :wavehand: :wavehand:

again, i am sorry if you think i am a hypocrit, but we are talking about completely different species. . . on top of it, my filtration is high. . . and my flow is much mcuh higher. . .

i am not trying to be controversial or get my thread closed, and i am using no sarcasm or calling anyone out... simply debating and discussing views and opinions, which is from my understanding, what RC is here for us to do in an adult, respective manner...

Good on you =) :thumbsup:

excellent Alunai, I am the same way. I have 2 blue tangs in a 38. I will upgrade to a larger tank someday soon. here they are

If your intention was for us to feel sorry for your fish and angry and your poor husbandry... you have it.

And the answer to this thread is, poor education, arrogance, and lack of care for creatures/nature.

Im actually glad this thread is going becuase I have always been curious on this topic myself. Dont let my post count fool you I have had my tank for about a year and I have been trolling this site just as long but just recently became a member. I am a member on another sw forum.

So I have a 75gl with a medium size yellow tang, a lawnmower blenny, 6line wrasse, pair of true clowns, a yellow and purple fish lol not sure exactly what he is and a approx 2 inch hippo as well as assorted crabs, snails, and a serpent star.

Is my tank too small?

your blue will be fine for 6 months to a year or so, but after that, you will need a 6' tank, or he will need a proper new home...

Paul, the entire hobby is Controversial, everytime we buy something we contribute to death of thousands upon thousands of ocean creatures per year.

Trolling, or troll-feeding, is a violation of the TOS.
Non-trolls, if you believe the discussion has gotten out of hand, or is offering bad advice to the innocent, you have a recourse: that red-rimmed triangle under the avatar is the "Complaint" button. Punch that and fill in the blank, giving the reasons and naming names.

Three RC Team Members have now advised you. Listen.

If you want "to create awareness, not ignorance, or promote selfishness", then you should put your Tangs back into the ocean where they belong instead of a small confined space. It doesn't matter 50 gal or 150 gal, it's still relatively small comparing to their natural habitat. :wavehand: :wavehand: :wavehand: :wavehand:

i have no tangs, as every one of my post clearly states in my sig...

Gregmoeck. You are certainly not helping the situation by bringing up all these other threads or being sarcastic in these highly controversial threads.

If your intention was for us to feel sorry for your fish and angry and your poor husbandry... you have it.

And the answer to this thread is, poor education, arrogance, and lack of care for creatures/nature.

another mod/staff member chiming in... i am not only looking for negatives, but the positives as well... such as saving a fish from a bad tank etc...

Trolling, or troll-feeding, is a violation of the TOS.
Non-trolls, if you believe the discussion has gotten out of hand, or is offering bad advice to the innocent, you have a recourse: that red-rimmed triangle under the avatar is the "Complaint" button. Punch that and fill in the blank, giving the reasons and naming names.

Three RC Team Members have now advised you. Listen.

I don't understand.. What is trolling or troll-feeding?

i have no tangs, as every one of my post clearly states in my sig...

Sorry, let me revise my statement. :)

If you want "to create awareness, not ignorance, or promote selfishness", then every Tang's owners should put their fish back into the ocean where they belong instead of a small confined space. It doesn't matter 50 gal or 150 gal, it's still relatively small comparing to their natural habitat.

Back