BobbyV's Marineland 300DD Starphire Project

Yes, I know how to do this, but don't feel like running contact wires to each door.

Too lazy. I have the sump lights rigged to the down button display pad on feeding schedule B,C & D at different timing intervals per letter.

:bum:

Letter A schedule is rigged to turn off all power heads and the AFS is activated.

My fish know when all the flow stops to wait in one area where food is magically supplied from the sky.

I wish that would happen to me. I would have no problem being sprinkled with pizza, cheeseburgers, and ice cream!

How do you like the AFS? I have one and I hate how loud it is. I also had to use a piece of tape to make the opening smaller so it doesnt drop like 40 pellets. Other than that my anthias and wrasses love beign feed multiple times a day. All are fat and happy.

How do you like the AFS? I have one and I hate how loud it is. I also had to use a piece of tape to make the opening smaller so it doesnt drop like 40 pellets. Other than that my anthias and wrasses love beign feed multiple times a day. All are fat and happy.

Yea it is silly to think how crazy loud a little plastic box can be. I set mine at times when most likely not going to hear it. Other than that, it is a necessity for my lifestyle.

$100 is pretty steep if you think about it.

Pics or it didn't happen!! :)

Yea yea yea .. .. .. Some the frags browned out and other got pale.

I believe my calcium is obviously too high at 500.

MG 1500
KH 9.13
CA 500
SG 35.2
PO4 .04
NO3 0

Medium bio load so feeding not an issue.

Maybe I should also drop the KH to 8

Yea yea yea .. .. .. Some the frags browned out and other got pale.

I believe my calcium is obviously too high at 500.

MG 1500
KH 9.13
CA 500
SG 35.2
PO4 .04
NO3 0

Medium bio load so feeding not an issue.

Maybe I should also drop the KH to 8

MG a little high for me, I would shoot for KH 7-8 with the high Ca. Cross check SG if you can. Might find high but maybe not.

Have you looked at K? if low can cause some browning as well.
mt cents :)

Tank still going?

Why did you switch skimmers a few times?

Thank you for the post.

This tank is actually running amazing.

I am very happy with it.

I ended up increasing my sump so I would be able to accommodate a SRO 5000INT with not one but TWO 3 inch neck extenders for maximum performance.

The skimmer is absolutely 100% overkill.

Since I run bare bottom and perform about a 15% water change per week, I believe the SRO 3000INT would have been ok. (with no neck extenders)

However as you can see from the pictures - this is about 4 days of skimming.

I am very pleased with my investment.

My husbandry of good skimming, water changes and etc keep my ORP at about 420 to 430 on average.

He must not know how BobbyV rolls lol.

:lolspin:

Last edited:
Back