Branching Star Polyp Frags for Sale (Briarium Sp.)

OsoreShirazu

Stellar coloration on these. They really pop a lot under any kind of actinic/UV lighting.

There are 4 frags total available.

This is Briarium Sp. This is an extremely rare coral these days but it is super easy to take care of, beautiful, grows fast but grows mostly upward so it doesn't spread annoyingly fast like common GSP would. This is a very different breed.

The first two photos were taken under U.V. lighting to show coral florescence. The other photos were taken under normal 14k lighting. The green on these is amazing and the way they move and sway in the flow is really nice too.

Kept under Ecotech Radion LED Lighting.

Asking $40 per frag, or trades. Open to negotiation. There really aren't any pricing standards for this coral from what I can see. PM for more info.

Local pickup only. I'm in Ontario.

6f2646192e5c43c85845894245e0acbc.jpg

73726f4b73a566c9ba2303b88557add7.jpg

afdbbb567e99404da75f38a52e9aec30.jpg

528b598730710222520ead9b5a07c83c.jpg

I'm interested but just starting up a new (my first) tank now and won't be ready for a while. Do you frag these often or you getting rid of the entire lot now? Thanks.

I'm interested but just starting up a new (my first) tank now and won't be ready for a while. Do you frag these often or you getting rid of the entire lot now? Thanks.

Hey there. I don't Frag it too often as heavily as this but I could always cut you off a piece pretty easy. Just follow me and hit me up when you are ready!

Also if you are wanting a first beginner coral this will work pretty good for that too. Crazy easy to care for. I've done a few things to this coral that would have killed pretty much anything else and it doesn't even phase it lol. So I don't think you need to wait all that long.

My gsp started branching after it had nothing else to encrust on, did yours do the same or was it always branching?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My gsp started branching after it had nothing else to encrust on, did yours do the same or was it always branching?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow how interesting. It's always branched and it will really only branch. I've tried taking some of its encrusting only area and putting it on another rock just to see what it would do and it immediately started growing upward again.

Very nice pieces.

The encrusting and branching gsp are different. I have both in my tank and the encrusting would just grow on sand or form a base while the branching shoots up

I have this coral as well. I picked it up in a store in San Diego, I'd never seen it before. I searched it a bit and found a few threads on it, but I rarely ever see it for sale in any stores. I've had mine for about 6 months, and it's growing, but it is a slower grower than standard mat style GSP. I will say that patience is rewarded however. The store I purchased this from, the mother colony was huge, and it's gorgeous. It grows very high, and it looks fantastic. The best part is it does not take over your tank. I'll be happy to frag mine at some point, but it'll be some time yet. I really would like to get it to be a huge piece. It's one of my favorite corals that I just stumbled upon and had no idea existed.

Are you planning to attend RAP? Would love to pick up a frag if you are. I'm in south OC so Ontario is a bit far.

I have this coral as well. I picked it up in a store in San Diego, I'd never seen it before. I searched it a bit and found a few threads on it, but I rarely ever see it for sale in any stores. I've had mine for about 6 months, and it's growing, but it is a slower grower than standard mat style GSP. I will say that patience is rewarded however. The store I purchased this from, the mother colony was huge, and it's gorgeous. It grows very high, and it looks fantastic. The best part is it does not take over your tank. I'll be happy to frag mine at some point, but it'll be some time yet. I really would like to get it to be a huge piece. It's one of my favorite corals that I just stumbled upon and had no idea existed.

It does spread so do be careful where you place it. I still have a small piece left from the original piece I got years ago. Gave it out to countless of people including some here on this board. It's one of my favorite coral for sure.

I have thought about making my tank fish only with just this GSP in the tank. Then would be able to keep all the nice none reef safe fish. Imagine planted tank with just awesome fish.

It does spread so do be careful where you place it. I still have a small piece left from the original piece I got years ago. Gave it out to countless of people including some here on this board. It's one of my favorite coral for sure.

I have thought about making my tank fish only with just this GSP in the tank. Then would be able to keep all the nice none reef safe fish. Imagine planted tank with just awesome fish.

I've thought of doing the same. I have an old leather I'll never get rid of, and figure just that and the GSP and any fish I want! I've really started to get into zoas though, and that kills the "any fish I want" plan.

Back