Breeding and Raising True Percula Clownfish

My two baby clowns are doing awesome, thanks again, I really appreciated that Jamie walked down the driveway, she saw my belly and had mercy.

was hard but I got a picture with all 10!
e76f9dc3492339275f3b01ed551efa7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My two baby clowns are doing awesome, thanks again, I really appreciated that Jamie walked down the driveway, she saw my belly and had mercy.

lol! you live so close to Pechanga's buffet! we would all have one if we lived in that area! :) BTW, do you know if it's open yet??!

was hard but I got a picture with all 10!
e76f9dc3492339275f3b01ed551efa7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

They look so happy! Yours look just like mine. Interestingly, most of yours look like full bars. Did they develop full bars later on?? Most of mine are still mis-barred! lol

Get Jimmy to show you pics of his. He has SO MUCH BLACK in his. He attributes it to feeding spirulina.

lol! you live so close to Pechanga's buffet! we would all have one if we lived in that area! :) BTW, do you know if it's open yet??!

They look so happy! Yours look just like mine. Interestingly, most of yours look like full bars. Did they develop full bars later on?? Most of mine are still mis-barred! lol

Get Jimmy to show you pics of his. He has SO MUCH BLACK in his. He attributes it to feeding spirulina.

Yah scrapz... Go visit jimmy

I'll be honest, I never really paid much attention to the bars until recently. I feed spirulina brine and flakes about twice a week., only one in the rear has grown alof of black.

I'm not sure if anyone saw my post in Jamie's other thread, but I lost one of my little ones this morning. He managed to jump past the tall sides of the tank. I'm utterly devastated, as these guys were hatched on my wife's birthday last year. If anyone who bought a harem, can find it in their heart to sell one of yours to me, I would be eternally grateful. If it's from the 11/24 batch, that would be awesome, but I'll buy one from the December batch. Cash and a free sps frag or jawbreaker to sweeten the deal. I took the lid off while feeding and got sidetracked because of work this morning. Jamie, I'm so sorry! This hurts more than you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if anyone saw my post in Jamie's other thread, but I lost one of my little ones this morning. He managed to jump past the tall sides of the tank. I'm utterly devastated, as these guys were hatched on my wife's birthday last year. If anyone who bought a harem, can find it in their heart to sell one of yours to me, I would be eternally grateful. If it's from the 11/24 batch, that would be awesome, but I'll buy one from the December batch. Cash and a free sps frag or jawbreaker to sweeten the deal. I took the lid off while feeding and got sidetracked because of work this morning. Jamie, I'm so sorry! This hurts more than you know.

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. I know how much you cared about those clowns. These things happen unfortunately. I kept the dec batch for myself. I can catch one for you if u want to pick up this weekend. Lmk!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. I know how much you cared about those clowns. These things happen unfortunately. I kept the dec batch for myself. I can catch one for you if u want to pick up this weekend. Lmk!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

OMG! That would be so awesome! Yes, just let me know what day works best for you? You can text me if that's easier for you? Thanks a million!

OMG! That would be so awesome! Yes, just let me know what day works best for you? You can text me if that's easier for you? Thanks a million!

I'm very glad this worked out the way it did... After reading your two messages on both threads, I was ready to steal a clown in the middle of the night and have you come over to take it. There's a slight risk of a divorce, but I'm betting Jamie doesn't do counts on her fish very often. :idea:

I'm very glad this worked out the way it did... After reading your two messages on both threads, I was ready to steal a clown in the middle of the night and have you come over to take it. There's a slight risk of a divorce, but I'm betting Jamie doesn't do counts on her fish very often. :idea:

[emoji23] thanks! Yeah, I can't tell you how grateful I am with this community, especially Jamie. I've been in this hobby for nearly 40 years and I almost never ask for help or reach out in this way (mainly because I try to avoid these situations) and I'm usually the one helping out and giving people free frags if I'm selling anything. So, I thought I was going to have to convince Jamie to let me take some eggs this summer and try and raise the fry myself. But the reef gods prevailed and an amazing reefer saved the day!
For everyone else reading this, especially new reefers, pay it forward as much as you can, because you never know.

Are there any plans for future batches? I’ve been thinking pink skunks but local CB is too cool to pass up.

Back