Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbone28

I thought I'd start a thread for Bubble King owners - Deluxe, Super Marine, and Minis.

I'll start :)

BK SM250 - just set up, on day #2. Breaking in nicely. I'm coming off 8 years of Euroreef skimmers, and decided to splurge. So far, it has been worth the money.

It's being used on a 180g SPS-dominant tank, with a total water volume of ~220g

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

DSCN3221.jpg

DSCN3222.jpg

Hey a welcome thread, A place for BK users to post thier nog. ;)
A vid of my 250 deluxe breaking in after a couple days.

Some dark wet skimmate with extra whatever that is floating on the top of it.
fish209.jpg

fish208.jpg

I just fed tank before i took the second pics so the foam head is collapsed.

Hey Creetin, thanks for joining the chat! I figured, everyone else has a club for their skimmers. Why not us? I'm curious to see how many BK owners there are. Doesn't seem like many

Concrete - it's clear. It may have a slight blue tint though. Might be the camera angle?

how are your mircobubbles tbone? is the cone extension on the newer model eliminating the bubbles comming out of the skimmer?

on a side note, i was collecting some pretty dark nog that I was gonna post, but I overflowed the skimmer when I put a new filter sock in and ruined it. :sad1:

sjames - the riser does eliminate microbubbles from exiting the drain. I'm glad that you're pulling out some nasty stuff now. Are you pulling this out on just your live rock?

I think this skimmer is going to be a beast once it's done breaking in.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12144712#post12144712 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
sjames - the riser does eliminate microbubbles from exiting the drain. I'm glad that you're pulling out some nasty stuff now. Are you pulling this out on just your live rock?

I think this skimmer is going to be a beast once it's done breaking in.

well, i have some fish now, a pair of black percs and a royal gramma. and a couple corals, a frogspawn and a monte cap. I have a small pulsing xenia as well, but I may take that out, the flow is beating the crap out of it. Im planning on picking up some acros this weekend.

Yes from your pics yours definatly looks like its still breaking in, i can see what looks like a mixture of larger and smaller bubbles in your cone, the larger bubbles will go away when its broken in, or at least thats how mine worked.

Anybody know why Klaus hasn't being responding to some of the questions on the forum? I know he was in Spain but I believe he is back now.

If you're in America, its best contact Proline Aquatics with questions.

Great pics guys!

This is an exclusive club. I hope one day I can join!

If anyone could post up some skimmate pictures of what these skimmers can really do for the $1,500+? Not trying to start anything, just trying to figure out why people spend so much money on these skimmers when my little DAS $200 skimmer is pulling better skimmate.

Thanks

-Matthew

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12145373#post12145373 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ding2daDong
If anyone could post up some skimmate pictures of what these skimmers can really do for the $1,500+? Not trying to start anything, just trying to figure out why people spend so much money on these skimmers when my little DAS $200 skimmer is pulling better skimmate.

Thanks

-Matthew

Sounds like youre tryin to me.
Lets put it this way i owned all 3 das EX models (1-2-3)and its not even close in performance and not even in the same class in build quality.

I am investigating skimmers for a 350 G system. Suggestions for BK skimmer size? Mixed reef (soft, hard, SPS), < 10 fish. So far the largest I've been able to locate for purchase online is a BK 250 (which report 150-750 G capacity). While normally I would oversize a bit they BK docs indicate this is not needed for their skimmers.

Would this skimmer make me a happy club member?

Yes a 250 would fit your system, and be a bit extra. I have the same water volume roughly and the BK250 is plenty of skimmer. JMO From what i see the supers seem like a very good deal, They look impressive! I went with the deluxe 250 for a little better tuning.

Kenargo,

I would think a Supermarin 250, or a delux 250 or 300 would be a great fit for your system. maybe even allow you to add more than 10 fish. :>

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12145373#post12145373 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ding2daDong

Thanks

-Matthew

Also dont get me wrong DAS is a nice skimmer but not BK nice.
Ok on with the BK's sice its our club and not the das club LOL

Thanks

-Matthew

Get this garbage out of here :rolleyes:

Lets try to keep this one on topic.

Thanks, I might be going shopping soon :)

How do the external units plumb; I'd love to see some pictures of the plumbing;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12145444#post12145444 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Creetin
Sounds like youre tryin to me.
Lets put it this way i owned all 3 das EX models (1-2-3)and its not even close in performance and not even in the same class in build quality.

Thanks for the reply. Yea I hear amazing things about the build quality of these skimmers.

Got any skimmate shots?

Thanks

-Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back