Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12479240#post12479240 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Marko9
Yep, I was talking to Terry yesterday and told him to check at night and what to look for :( Sorry to hear Terry. It kind of puts into perspective where our hobby really is.

And people want to know why I don't do frag swaps.

I will never do frag swaps as well. I will not take the chance. Terry, it might be easier just to get rid off all the frags if you just have a few. I would start over if I were in your shoes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12479267#post12479267 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Marko9
Terry has taken over the BK thread :)

He tends to take over any thread he posts in. At least he started this one.:D

Bart - I've just been lucky. I've never dipped before. Call me a lazy reefer. It's biting me now :(

I need a recommendation on which BK skimmer to buy. My system consists of a 300 gallong SPS tank, 50 gallon refugium, 100 gallon sump, and a 50 gallon frag tank. Total volume is around 500 gallons.
I have plenty of room in my fish room so I want to go with an external model.

Any thoughts?

yeah thats suck. i heard so many stories and left me no choice but to dip and QT all acros for at least 3 weeks before entering my system. well i always tried to buy around 10-15 pcs at a time, make it quite easy to qt all.

AEFWs

AEFWs

I lost 5 years of SPS to these little bxxxxtards. I basically started over again with the Acroporas after running the tank without acros for 6 months. Now I have a separate quarantine system and nothing goes in the display tank after a month or two in the QT and repeated treatments.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12479348#post12479348 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
Bart - I've just been lucky. I've never dipped before. Call me a lazy reefer. It's biting me now :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12479756#post12479756 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbone28
ikatobiko - a BK 400 Ext sounds right for your system

Only problem with the 400 is the price jump between that and the 300.
I would agree that the 400 would be ideal, as I will have a similar setup to yours and am having a difficult time going beyond the 300 due to the increased cost.

Here you go T, the nog shot:

151089BK_nog_RC.jpg

Nearly 3 days worth, but I run it pretty wet.

Jeremy, you running that on your 60g???
What's the price difference between the 300 and 400?
ygpm

I've got in on the 60g + 125g frag/holding system with a 50g sump and 30g fuge. So, about 265g total.
According to Aquarium Specialty, the 300 is $2100 and the 400 is $4100.

try Premium Aquatics
300 - 2069
400 - 3100

Another thought - if you have the room in your sump, you could keep your 200, and buy another 250 for a 2-skimmer setup?

I have always wanted a BK, but I don't know if I can justify the price of the upgrade since my skimmer already does a great job. I like the BK SM 250. I am sure that down the road, I will change out, but probably not for awhile.

With your fish and coral load, I'd go with the SM 250. If you don't want the system too clean, maybe the SM 200, but I think that's pushing it.

Mark - food for thought - I have a 180g, 220g total water volume :)

Why do you like the SM over the Deluxe? I'd still go deluxe over SM if I had the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back