Bubble King Skimmer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12142868#post12142868 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Creetin
Hey a welcome thread, A place for BK users to post thier nog. ;)
A vid of my 250 deluxe breaking in after a couple days.

Nice video Creetin!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12144827#post12144827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
I have two of the internal 300s. Red Dragon pumps are wonderful.

Do you run both on the same tank??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12144911#post12144911 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sjames
well, i have some fish now, a pair of black percs and a royal gramma. and a couple corals, a frogspawn and a monte cap. I have a small pulsing xenia as well, but I may take that out, the flow is beating the crap out of it. Im planning on picking up some acros this weekend.

Yes from your pics yours definatly looks like its still breaking in, i can see what looks like a mixture of larger and smaller bubbles in your cone, the larger bubbles will go away when its broken in, or at least thats how mine worked.

WE NEED PICS!
WE NEED PICS!
WE NEED PICS!
:rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12145373#post12145373 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ding2daDong
If anyone could post up some skimmate pictures of what these skimmers can really do for the $1,500+? Not trying to start anything, just trying to figure out why people spend so much money on these skimmers when my little DAS $200 skimmer is pulling better skimmate.

Thanks

-Matthew

Thanks for your opinion, but there are many things in life that are not needed, but people like for certain features. Honda-Ferrari, little house-mansion

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12145444#post12145444 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Creetin
not even in the same class in build quality.

Agreed! Acrylic is thick, cuts are clean, and this sucker is SO heavy. It's smaller than the ER skimmer I'm replacing, but heavier.

I've got a Deluxe 200, and it is a beast. I bought it for a 250g tank, plus associated fuge, sump, and frag tanks that got delayed. I slapped it on my current frag/sump/holding tank system when the aquabee on my H&S A150 started tripping my GFCI. Overkill at the moment, but by far the best build quality I've seen.
I have also been banned from using the kitchen sink to clean out the collection cup, as it has this annoying little habit of stinking up the entire house!

july07tank016.jpg

july07tank017.jpg

Good god that cup is bigger than alot of peoples tanks. :)
Noce work there on the tank!! Like all the gadgets!!

tjh: :eek2: that skimmer is insane!!! I've never seen a 500 before. It's HUGE! OMG! Are those PVC risers sitting on your collection cup lid used to minimize the stink factor? :D

thanks creetin

tbone, yes those are. the smell is rank. my wife was on me. i pack them with carbon for the smell and catch leftover ozone. the size shocked me at first too.

Bubbleking Mini 200

Bubbleking Mini 200

Milky Bubbles ... yum .... I like. :cool:

BubbleKing1.jpg

BubbleKing2.jpg

BubbleKingMini2.jpg

bk5.jpg

BubbleKingMini1.jpg

I didn't feel that there was any "breaking in" period. The skimmer performed right out of the wrapping and skimmed very well. Algae is going away and now the skimmer is no longer skimming dark but lighter tea color since my water is cleaner than before.

Anyone running a Deluxe External version? I'm curious how you plumbed it (mostly inbound water).

awesome thread, nice to see some pics. Your bk looks like its breakin in nicely tbone. I measured my sump and I think i'll be ordering the bk250 deluxe int very soon.

Yinger - yes, I'm quite impressed given the amount of time it's been running. You can't go wrong with the Deluxe. That was my 1st choice....just wish I could have fit it! I'm still very happy though :)

No more ATB for ya? ;) What made you decide to go BK over ATB? It was a pretty tough choice for me.

Scissorhand - are you running that mini on your 60g?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12147385#post12147385 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tjh
july07tank016.jpg

july07tank017.jpg

OMG that is huge!! At first I was like "gosh I didn't know they made tiny pinpoint monitors..." lol Then I saw your thumb and.. well.. thats just sick. Must me like 2 gallons of skimmate in their.

Any pictures of the tank it skims?

-Matthew

I'm trying to decide which units best represents my club membership; the Deluxe 300 Internal or the Deluxe 300 External. The main issue is height under the tank. I have 29 " from cabinet floor to cabinet top. Does anyone have one of internal units and if so can you please answer a question:

If I put the internal version into a space 29" high will I be able to clean it and empty the skimmer cup or would this be too tight a fit?

kenargo - you should be able to fit the internal. It's 25.59" tall. I'd estimate at most 2" clearance needed to unscrew the cup from the body.

Looking Good Terry
let's see some fresh Nog:D
Our bookkeeper was walking in the warehouse a few months ago & there was a 500 Ext ,on the rack , she asked me is that thing for a zoo!!!????:D :D :D
They are huge.
There is also a 650 as well ,next one comes in I try to take a picture ,they usually don't stay around long.
Chris

Chris, ask and you shall receive! (And yes, please take some pics of that 650!!!!)

Here's Day #3 of Nog!!

DSCN3223.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back