Budget Light for 45g Cube

TheSacrifice

As the title says, I'm thinking about setting up a 45g cube that I have laying around. For my wife's sake I'm trying to keep the budget as low as possible. I mostly want to keep LPS in the tank and don't have a strong desire for SPS yet. Is there a decent light that anyone could recommend?

the chinnese black boxes are pretty inexpensive and strong (around 60-120.00 between 165 & 300wt). They don't have the fancy bells n whistles, just on and off with a fan.

They are very strong. You could grow SPS and Clams in standard tanks under 60gl imo.

GL

I have a 300wt for sale if interested, around 31" long

the chinnese black boxes are pretty inexpensive and strong (around 60-120.00 between 165 & 300wt). They don't have the fancy bells n whistles, just on and off with a fan.

They are very strong. You could grow SPS and Clams in standard tanks under 60gl imo.

GL

I have a 300wt for sale if interested, around 31" long

Most do have the white channel on a separate control and the intensity can be changed via a knob. I run 6 total two different brands but do not have SPS under them. I have LPS on the sand in a 29" deep tank and they are thriving. My nems like them also. great bang for the buck IMO if you don't wi-fi and all that neat cool stuff.

Here are a couple of mine on the sand probably 35 inches or so away from the lights The pitiful looking ones are rescues so no fault of the lights
a9deaf13a50de02d8a1b5a18ed9b5b47.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here are a couple of mine on the sand probably 35 inches or so away from the lights The pitiful looking ones are rescues so no fault of the lights
a9deaf13a50de02d8a1b5a18ed9b5b47.jpg

35" away from a Chinese black box (coral to light)?
WOW, nice healthy looking corals. I am getting rid of mine just because I wanted the dim, other than that I had zero issues with them. Great budget light for sure.

I've read some threads where people upgrade the LED's and swap out for deeper royal blues etc.

As the title says, I'm thinking about setting up a 45g cube that I have laying around. For my wife's sake I'm trying to keep the budget as low as possible. I mostly want to keep LPS in the tank and don't have a strong desire for SPS yet. Is there a decent light that anyone could recommend?

Visparspectra 165w around $110us

35 inches was a guesstimate as I was at work. Just measured and it's 36 so close. These are under the mars aqua boxes. I like them better than the other brand I have (can't remember the name) because you can daisy chain the power cords so it's a little neater. Also if you power of the first one the others are powered off. Just a little more convient. I just run them on a couple of cheap plug in timers so I can have the blue on first and last and a shorter time for the whites.

Back