Campbell's 120x36x30 In-Wall FOWLR

1/22/12 Update

well all I wish I had a better update for you but last night was the hardest day in aquaria that I have experienced. I had just completed a 200g water change on Friday night at 2am and had a 6am business call. I went down to the fish room to check on a few things at 10am and everything was great. so inlou of my son and daughters birthdays we went out to shop for new bikes for them and to get lunch.

when we finally got bak home at 4pm I was going to take a new video to show all the new fish and rock formations. Well I got down to the basement and all the power was off. I looked at in the tank and it was a war zone...18-20 dead fish laying on the sand!!!! only one word could be used for this...FU$$$$$K!!!!! bed I could tell was that the power was off for at least 6 hours. If I had a battery backup on my MP60s I think we would be having a different post.

I could only pick up the carnage...what a nightmare...all in all I lost over half of my fish:

1 male joculator
1 Japanese blueline
1 male Declivis
1 Moorish idol
15 bartletts
2 terminal Male Flame wrasse

06071d19.jpg

4625c205.jpg

f3aa89d2.jpg

3e428a99.jpg

051fb6ae.jpg

5f32f73f.jpg

I'm really sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to my 300 a year ago and I lost every fish except a damsel, and a wrasse. Several tangs, and angels were lost. Immediately after I bought an MP60 and battery backup. It is scary how fast fish die when there is no water flow.

Damn Chris, that is terrible.

I recently lost all but 5 of my fish so I feel your pain. I was so upset I didn't know what to do. In your case, it seems that you were able to keep most of your more rare fish right?

All I had left was a blueline, scribble, conspic, naso, and orange shoulder. It's tough man. All my wrasses, pygmys, and anthias died. Friggin sucks...

Give me a call if you are in the mood to talk about it....

take care man,

Ryan

Sorry to hear dude, dont give up, i know its rough but you have to just keep goin in the hobby, and try to prevent stuff like this from happening in the future.

1/22/12 Update

well all I wish I had a better update for you but last night was the hardest day in aquaria that I have experienced. I had just completed a 200g water change on Friday night at 2am and had a 6am business call. I went down to the fish room to check on a few things at 10am and everything was great. so inlou of my son and daughters birthdays we went out to shop for new bikes for them and to get lunch.

Damn Chris, that is terrible.

I recently lost all but 5 of my fish so I feel your pain. I was so upset I didn't know what to do. In your case, it seems that you were able to keep most of your more rare fish right?

All I had left was a blueline, scribble, conspic, naso, and orange shoulder. It's tough man. All my wrasses, pygmys, and anthias died. Friggin sucks...

Give me a call if you are in the mood to talk about it....

take care man,

Ryan

Wow I am so sorry for both of you. You both had such amazing specimens. Best of luck on moving forward after these losses. This hobby can be heartbreaking sometimes.

Wow....that's pretty scary..sorry to hear this Chris ..I plan to put a battery back up but in the interims I have a battery operated air pump which automatically kicks in if the power goes. Its supposed to last at least twelve hours on two batteries. Hope all is back to normal soon.

I am very sorry you lost all those great fish.I know the care you put into each fish before it ever makes it to your display.We all lose fish but things like this are tough as they are somewhat out of our control-Kieth

Natural gas automatic back-up generator. It's the only way to prevent stuff like this from happening to huge tanks. You should be able to get one big enough to cover your entire system for a couple grand.

Really sorry for your loss. Keep your head up!

Man I've felt a huge loss a couple of months ago and I am still Devistated I can understand how you feel
Pleas Pleas get a Battery Backup for your MP60's asap

Back