Can I put a peacock mantis shrimp in this tank

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vmazz

Over the past few months I have researched peacock mantis shrimp and I decided to get one. So I began researching tanks and I came across a Biocube 32 which would be perfect for one as long as he doesn't decide to punch the glass. Today, as I was adding the dry rock and sand and I noticed that there won't be a lot of floor space for him to move around but I am not sure because I don't have any experience. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated before a put an animal in a home where it won't be happy, especially because it could result in hundreds of dollars of water damage. Here is a picture:

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2
Should be fine. Mine is in a 29. Maybe take a Little Rock out and put rubble in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks perfect for a mantis. I have the same tank and am thinking of doing the same now that I have a 3ft for QT.

You probably already setup the tank but i'l respond anyway.
The tank size itself is nice but the only worry you should have is it hitting the bottom. There is another thread that talks about this problem and one of the solutions if you are scared of it breaking the bottom is to basically create a false bottom. This is created by placing rubber balls or strips surrounded by sand with the top not interrupted by the sand and placing as thick a layer of plexiglass on top as you can.​

Back