Chinese LED Lights

Right On! What are the preliminary specs on the size / dimension of the fixture, types of LEDs, wattage, and the cost at this point?

Considering jumping into the technology within the next 6 weeks or so, so not quite sure what I want to do. the wifi is definitely catching interest on my part, as that would allow control away from the tank. Will there be android apps available?

Thanks again

Logan, I spoke with you on the phone a few days ago and you suggested two 16" fixtures for my 120. 48"x24"x24". Im holding out for the Supernovas to be released. I would love to get in on a group buy or promo or early order program. Are you going to have any such thing for the release of the Supernova? If so or if not. How can we get on a list or something to let us know when they are ready? They sound fantastic.

I had been corresponding with vendors via Alibaba and got some good prices and specs but after seeing what you are doing I dropped the whole idea. It seems like a no brainer to choose Reefbreeders leds with the warranty and service here in the US. Keep me posted.

Thanks Jamie

Right On! What are the preliminary specs on the size / dimension of the fixture, types of LEDs, wattage, and the cost at this point?

Considering jumping into the technology within the next 6 weeks or so, so not quite sure what I want to do. the wifi is definitely catching interest on my part, as that would allow control away from the tank. Will there be android apps available?

Thanks again

We aren't releasing everything just yet :) we are looking at apps, and a computer set up from our site

Logan, I spoke with you on the phone a few days ago and you suggested two 16" fixtures for my 120. 48"x24"x24". Im holding out for the Supernovas to be released. I would love to get in on a group buy or promo or early order program. Are you going to have any such thing for the release of the Supernova? If so or if not. How can we get on a list or something to let us know when they are ready? They sound fantastic.

I had been corresponding with vendors via Alibaba and got some good prices and specs but after seeing what you are doing I dropped the whole idea. It seems like a no brainer to choose Reefbreeders leds with the warranty and service here in the US. Keep me posted.

Thanks Jamie

We may have some sort of promo, maybe $50 off. It all depends on the final production cost for the first 100 or so units.

Twilight D120 LED Fire??

Twilight D120 LED Fire??

Hi everyone,
I will be getting delivery hopefully sometime this week for 2 D120s 55 3W LEDs from Twilight group company.
Somebody on a forum told me they could lead to fire!!
I googled and then there was once incidence of a school classroom on fire due to one of these LEDs. It was not a D120, but it was made in China and cheap.

Im getting worried.
What do you guys think?

See my response in the thread that you just created.

Hi everyone,
I will be getting delivery hopefully sometime this week for 2 D120s 55 3W LEDs from Twilight group company.
I googled and then there was once incidence of a school classroom on fire due to one of these LEDs. It was not a D120, but it was made in China and cheap.

Im getting worried.
What do you guys think?

Hi everyone,

Im getting worried.
What do you guys think?

Read page 90 of this thread

the new guy

the new guy

hi everyone, im new to this forum and looking for some feedback on the reefbreeders photon 32 led fixture. im working on a 240g in wall reef tank-72" x 24" x 31". these lights seem pretty good to me but im new to led's. i want to know how these compare to mh lighting. i would have about 1200w if i go with the mh. also the tank will be 31" deep so will it be enough light to hit the bottom? i want to grow some sps but probably mosty lps and soft corals.

hi everyone, im new to this forum and looking for some feedback on the reefbreeders photon 32 led fixture. im working on a 240g in wall reef tank-72" x 24" x 31". these lights seem pretty good to me but im new to led's. i want to know how these compare to mh lighting. i would have about 1200w if i go with the mh. also the tank will be 31" deep so will it be enough light to hit the bottom? i want to grow some sps but probably mosty lps and soft corals.

Maybe two units?

So I finally took the plunge into Led's, I went with four Evergrow IT2080's after waiting for a few years until something came along that had what I wanted and was reasonably priced. I followed this thread for quite a while and it influenced my decision so I thought I would post up what I got.

Some guys in our local club came up with the bulb layout so I went with that, I did change out the 3500 on the ends of two fixtures and one end of two with 10000 because I wanted it a little brighter on the sides.

My tank is 72"x36"x25"h (Envision)

Switching bulbs is easy once the fixture is opened up but taking it apart and back together took 20 minutes per fixture. I didn't know the led's had a - and + side so that stumped on the first one and after doing some reading I made up a little battery pack to test and mark each bulb.

Here is the bulb selection

400nm (UV) 2
420nm (violet) 2
440nm (deep blue) 12
450nm (royal blue) 32
460nm (blue) 14
520nm (green) 2
630nm (red) 1
660nm (red) 1
3500 (warm white) 6
6500 11
10000 16
90 degree optics

Lighting times to start
#1 #2
6am - 8am 3---1 beginning program 2/20/2013
1300 10---1
1400 40---20
1500-1900 60---40
2000 40---20
2100 30---10
2200 10---1
2300 3---0
So far everything is happy, I'll increase time and intensity in the next few weeks

Light rack is 15" high, fixtures can slide from front to back right now they are 7" from front then 6" apart, great coverage

The space on the right was where all my ballast were, patched and painted looks nice now, only four cords
IMG_4445_zpsb37e4284.jpg

IMG_4480_zps80b3207c.jpg

The shadows in the upper back are always there, seaswirls and plumbing but over all really good coverage
reefled2_zps7b0e1842.jpg

camera Canon Rebel XTi with EFS 17-85 lens

I measured the par numbers before I took out the Halides, T5's and VHO's and have it set a little lower to start.
350-450 high coral range. 300-350 mid and 200-250 lower areas at peak time 60-40 setting

A few notes:

Tank temp now runs about 2 degrees cooler and the heater is on a lot more high temp now 77, heat on at 68.5 might let it go lower
Room temp has dropped, There is a temp probe at the ceiling to turn on the exhaust fans at 85 degrees, hasn't come on since the Led's went in

Thanks for all the info on this thread its really helped a lot!
Steve

I took off 1300w of MH, t5 and leds from my 180g and now have 2 IT2080 (Photon 32) and my PAR readings are higher now. Two friends have them over their 220g and we all grow lps & sps. Just get the 90 degree lenses.

So I finally took the plunge into Led's, I went with four Evergrow IT2080's after waiting for a few years until something came along that had what I wanted and was reasonably priced. I followed this thread for quite a while and it influenced my decision so I thought I would post up what I got.

That is an outstanding setup! 250 PAR at the sand bed at half power? Nice.

Keep us updated over time on how it works out for you. People are hesitant from jumping from proven MH/T5 setups and want to see more tanks like this thriving under leds before they switch. It could definitely help everyone.

Can these drivers be replaced with meanwell's? I would like to run them at full 3w instead of conservative 2w. I don't really care for life spand as a year or two is decent for the price. By then something new will be out.

Can these drivers be replaced with meanwell's? I would like to run them at full 3w instead of conservative 2w. I don't really care for life spand as a year or two is decent for the price. By then something new will be out.

Somewhat. The drivers are high voltage drivers wired in series, at 100v max. The meanwells don't go that high, so you would have to run them in parallel with fuses.

The extra expense and time to do the mod isn't worth it. The extra bump from 570mah to 650mah really isn't much.

Somewhat. The drivers are high voltage drivers wired in series, at 100v max. The meanwells don't go that high, so you would have to run them in parallel with fuses.

The extra expense and time to do the mod isn't worth it. The extra bump from 570mah to 650mah really isn't much.

I see. I thought it would be a great improvement but I guess with that, its not worth the trouble. Thanks for the info.

Back