Coral Only Tank?

TomFez

Hi Everyone:

Does anyone have advice on keeping a coral only tank?

I have a 29 gallon reef tank that has been running for about 7 years. I am temporarily being relocated for work for 1 year, but will be able to come home every 2-3 weeks to take care of things at my house (mostly aquarium and some yard stuffs)...anyways. Tank is mostly RBTA's, with some monitipora, zoas, pocillopora, plate coral, and mushrooms. I am thinking about taking out the fish (2 ocellaris clownfish and 1 dottyback) and putting them in a separate tank with an auto feeder. I am scared to set up an autofeeder on my reef because it has been problematic in the past.

I have an automatic doser for Calk, but have 2 more pumps that can be used for some sort of coral food supplementation or adding nutrients being fish poop will be absent. Any ideas/thoughts on this plan?

Ideally, I would have someone watch the house and keep the tank as is, but having a hard time finding the right person. Taking the tank with me is a not an option because I live in Hawaii on big island and am be relocated to Oahu.

Thanks for any thought/comments/suggestions.

Dang really I didnt know that. I thought Hawaii was really strick with fish and corals. Dont want irresponsible individuals releasing them into the reefs. That's cool though

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When I did maintenance we used Eheim battery operated feeders.
Unless the battery died we had no problems & used both flake & pellets in the same feeder.
I would just use New Life Spectrum pellets & scotch tape the slide opening so it doesn't move.

How long are we talking about here? Short term is ok. Long term might starve the corals unless you would be dosing amino and coral foods

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back