Coralife Calcium Reactor

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7146124#post7146124 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by motox110
I think I have figured it out contacted esu and they said make sure that base of the reactor is higher than the intake strainer. so far so good. will let you know.

I am glad it is working for you. That is how I have mine setup. According to the manual, the intake strainer should be at the lowest point of the sump. Enjoy

I have the intake strainer about a foot below the water level in the sump and then the reactor is probably about a foot or so below that.

Everything runs fine, but I have to prime it at first.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7148537#post7148537 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pennilessreefer
I have the intake strainer about a foot below the water level in the sump and then the reactor is probably about a foot or so below that.

Everything runs fine, but I have to prime it at first.

You might want to put the reactor same level with the sump like I do. Mine is running fine with no mod

73383Coralife_CR_setup.jpg

Rats. All I have is a 4.25" x 15" place left under my tank. I though that if the cylinder was only 3" it might fit. Is there any way to reconfigure it so it will fit in that space?

motox110: Thanks for the info I will have to try that.

ICURN: Most of this unit is molded plastic that is pretty much put in its place. I dont know if you could mod it down to a smaller footprint without dammaging any functional parts.

We have a Coralife CA reactor. We are having trouble with the water level in the chamber. It keeps going down. Anyone else have this problem?

Had problems with the unit stopping, myself. I merely dropped the bpm a bit and upped the drip rate. Also put the pinch knob on the output and used teflon tape on the seals.

Works like a charm now. Great investment.

GACDIVER,

I got one some time ago and it ended up fitting like a glove. This thing is nice. I did make a new pinch valve for it that would not damage the tubing and is not so hard to fine tune.

So the concensus is, this is a ok unit for the money? I'm looking for something simple and inexpensive to get me by until I can make a DIY version. Is this my choice?

It's a good value for the money. Takes a bit of playing, but once you've got it working 100% you don't have to play with it any more.

Trying to use a coralife for a nitrate reactor and having issues. Bought one used and i can not tell if the circulation pump is working. The flow rate is soooo slow, it barely even seems to move water. Is this correct?

When I got it, I knew it had a bad o-ring keeping water from leaking out of the pump mount. Replaced that and solved the leak, but found a smaller o-ring loose in the impeller area...is there another o-ring? Not sure if the impeller areas has an internal o-ring.

Any thoughts?

Back