Custom LED Canon

The optic is a collimator lens purchased off of a popular auction site...don't really know what the rules are about posting up sites in the forums.

Generally fine, unless the links are removed by the content filter or a mod tells you otherwise.

Generally fine, unless the links are removed by the content filter or a mod tells you otherwise.

Well then...I purchased off of eBay from a seller that goes by deal_delight. Just search lens collimator. You'll see his ads pop up.

Hey bpaston any updates,...I read your thread and your board/ build looks like what I need for my application. Have you finished putting it all together and mounting it above your tank? Would like to know your out come/thoughts,...thanks---Rick

Hey bpaston any updates,...I read your thread and your board/ build looks like what I need for my application. Have you finished putting it all together and mounting it above your tank? Would like to know your out come/thoughts,...thanks---Rick

No updates as of yet...it's hard to get some free time lately having a baby around the house. My son isn't even one yet, and has been going through a Dad phase. But I am working on the wiring this week and hope to have one above my fuge this weekend to test it out. As for the display lighting I am still trying to track down a suitable heatsink but may just have to have one custom made.

Finally have a quick update...after scouring for extruded metal to make pendant style heatsinks I have decided to head another route. I got the chance to see a t5/led hybrid setup with dimmable t5s and man what a combo. So I am currently having a custom unibody housing being made. It will hold 4 48" t5 bulbs, and 5 of my clusters evenly spaced down the center. Once the solid works is drawn up I will post up a pic of it. But at this point it is t-minus 6 weeks and counting till I have this bad boy in my hands. I can not wait.

Back