d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

Dennis if u don't mind me asking, how long did it take for u to get your BOA sump built. I got a quote for a custom sump today but I'm not sure if I want to wait until mid June.

Dennis, if there is any concern on the wires or outlets behind perhaps a plastic piano hinge on the rear might be a handy option before the sump goes in.
That's a good idea... where were you last week? ;)

Actually it's too tight in there for me to install a hinge and keep the width of that panel.

That's a good idea. The other thing you might want to consider is putting some kind of splash guard over it also. Keep the water away from all that stuff.
That's not a bad idea either, but I've never had an issue in the past with equipment under the stand. Things stay pretty splash free. Plus I want to make sure there is airflow for that stuff too. :)

Being that chemistry is a large part of my profession, I'm still trying to figure out how sodium chloride travels with evaporation XD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schools were still closed yesterday from the Houston floods so I had some time to slip in an extra little project. :D

My Profilux is going to be stacked with my new white Doser 2 that I posted a pic of earlier.
I just couldn't bear the thought of the old gray/blue color scheme and the shiny new white/silver color scheme sharing the same shelf!
So I got to working on that today.

This was the earlier photo of the GHL Doser 2.

i-cB8KRmp.jpg

And this is an old photo of the Profilux with the old style Doser...

i-zLRRhrT.jpg

And this is what I used for paint... Rustoleum Lacquer spray paint.

laquer-spray.jpg

A few screws removed, some lacquer spray paint and a spare afternoon...
Now I have a shiny new controller! :D

i-mTxPpQX.jpg

i-PGZL329.jpg

i-3PHw3rJ.jpg

i-brzQkCX.jpg

i-F9rMWtS.jpg

I'm currently working on the shelf that's going to hold the controller and doser.

You're the definition of OCD ;)

My place of business was also closed for that flooding mess, but us off site consultants (I'm in Michigan) still had to work. BOOOO!!!!! I guess there IS a downside to working from home :)

You're the definition of OCD ;)

My place of business was also closed for that flooding mess, but us off site consultants (I'm in Michigan) still had to work. BOOOO!!!!! I guess there IS a downside to working from home :)
LOL!
All joking aside, it was pretty gnarly here.
We were lucky that our neighborhood was ok, but other areas were destroyed. Several feet of water in homes, at least 7 deaths so far... people drowning in their own cars. Here's a drone video that gives a good idea of what many of the neighborhoods on the west side look like, not far from where I used to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HDvVTTcGbg

And this is the park near my office and downtown where I normally go for a run during lunch.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel/videos/10154221275600921/

Can your GHL controller talk to Vectra?
No, I don't believe so.
I have the module for controlling the Vortechs but I won't be using it.
I'll most likely be using ESL.

LOL!
All joking aside, it was pretty gnarly here.
We were lucky that our neighborhood was ok, but other areas were destroyed. Several feet of water in homes, at least 7 deaths so far... people drowning in their own cars. Here's a drone video that gives a good idea of what many of the neighborhoods on the west side look like, not far from where I used to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HDvVTTcGbg

And this is the park near my office and downtown where I normally go for a run during lunch.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel/videos/10154221275600921/

No, I don't believe so.
I have the module for controlling the Vortechs but I won't be using it.
I'll most likely be using ESL.

Glad you are OK Dennis. I have seen videos and pics from around where we lived in Cypress, it is bad up there.

Got the updated GHL Powerbars yesterday.
Even though they are shorter in length (why I ordered them) I'm still amazed at how beefy they are.
Now I need to figure out where to mount them!

i-H9xzGvC.jpg

i-LGmbCGk.jpg

Wait, so now you're going to need to paint those white too, of course. ;)

I would be embarrassed to put those plastic black eyesores in that stark white, pristine layout. :lol: I was even thinking the vortech controllers should have some custom machined housings that can be powder coated white.

Dennis's builds make me want to play the lottery, win, and start a new tank with an unlimited budget. A guy can dream though lol

Back