Deep Sea Aquatics Aquariums - Reviews?

so it only took two weeks from the time you ordered it till you received it? I ordered a 80 gallon from a lfs and they said 6 weeks.

2wks to get it from local store, some hagen distributors carry some of thier tanks in stock, would stay away from the low iron glass, as i hear it scratches very easy

That is the perfect size, what kind of overflows?
Did you get low iron glass,and how long did it take?
Did you buy there stand?
Thanks,
Pat

DSA is definitely going to be my next tank. Probably 72" x 20" x 21" with external overflow. I saw one at Barrier Reefs a few weeks ago and it looked really nice.

I have not set mine up yet but I thought I would post a picture.

2014-05-17+12.35.32.jpg

I asked before somewhere, but I don't think I got a response. I notice that most of the DSA overflows have lots of build-up (coralline) on them. Is it hard to clean them? I've seen it in most of the DSA pictures.

I've never tried. The overflow is rough, not smooth, so it would probably be a bit of work to clean. I just glued a piece of GSP to mine so it would cover it.

I was looking into ordering a new tank and was informed by John (who helped me get my old A.G.E. when he was with Kingfish) that their aquarium guru, Tom Hudson, is now with Deep Sea. So I am going to look into having them make instead. I am planning a 72W x 42D x 27H tank with coast-to-coast external overflow so it will be a custom. Apparently they are no longer doing the acrylic eurobrace, I believe it may have been problematic in some setups where there was heat buildup from MH lights, but PVC bottom is still available.

Anyone else get a custom DSA tank ? What was the lead time ??

I just got their model 80 pro it came in less then three weeks from the time i placed the order. Quality is excellent.

I asked before somewhere, but I don't think I got a response. I notice that most of the DSA overflows have lots of build-up (coralline) on them. Is it hard to clean them? I've seen it in most of the DSA pictures.

There's an option for a smooth overflow, and I highly recommend it. The rough (standard) overflow is hard to keep clean.

Tbh, I'd just go with an external CTC overflow. Easier to clean, access and no loss of space inside the tank.

Ordered a 200 Pro with dual custom corner overflows for an in-wall I'm doing in a new house. They did a pair of 8.5 x 5 corner overflows for me instead of the normal center overflow. With the in-wall this worked better for my plumbing and I liked that it gave me a little more room in the middle of the tank. I ordered it thinking it could take 6 or more weeks too get it, but got it in about 3 weeks. Luckily the store I bought it from was able to hold it for me until the new house was far enough long to be ready for it. Nice tank, can't wait to get it set up.

Considering a DSA 140 if I don't get the pro option with internal overflow. Can I buy say a ghost overflow by reef saavy and have them drill and install it for me on say the show version. Also are their DSA 140 low iron glass or regular thanks

Considering a DSA 140 if I don't get the pro option with internal overflow. Can I buy say a ghost overflow by reef saavy and have them drill and install it for me on say the show version. Also are their DSA 140 low iron glass or regular thanks

I know they will use low iron glass if you order it from the factory, not to mention the additional cost, but I would imagine for enough extra they'll install anything you want..

Back