DIY 300 gallon Saltwater Lagoon (pond)

tannersmith2000

Hey guys and gals

I just wanted to share my saltwater lagoon (pond). I find it much more enjoyable to view my critters from above as opposed from the side. Plus it's fun to hand feed my fish.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2eh-qkT00uI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eh-qkT00uI

I took a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank and transformed it into my lagoon.

Critters:

Achilles Tang

Naso Tang Juvinile

Queen Angel

Queen Angel Juvenile

Emperor Angel

Black and White Ocellaris

Ocellaris Clown

Bicolor Angel

Lyretail Anthias (2x female, 1x male)

2x Regal Tangs Juvenile (currently in quarantine)

Various Hermit Crabs

200 lbs live rock

Super thin sand bed with a mix of fine and crushed coral.

Aqua Remora C 180 Skimmer

Marineland LEDs

EcoTech Marine MP60 Vortech

400W Marineland Heater

Last edited:
GREAT JOB!!

I really love what you did, just fix your code I was able to view the video once viewing fullscreen.

I love the rockscape!

you fixed it, its great now!

Great setup, I have a 150g rubbermaid and if I had space would love to set it up! Possible a future project haha

you fixed it, its great now!

Great setup, I have a 150g rubbermaid and if I had space would love to set it up! Possible a future project haha

Cool

Yeah I decided to build this on the fly. I just sold my 200g aquarium and I am planning on upgrading to a bigger one but I am really enjoying this for right now. It's super easy to maintain and just fun to pull a chair up to and feed my critters.

Thanks for sharing. Looks great and simple. I sometimes get on top of my open tank and view down on it too for minutes at a time. It's definitely a different viewing experience. Keep up the good work.

Nice and simpel, like standing on a beach on vacation. You only need a sunscreen a beach chair and a margarita

What a fantastic idea. It does really look like a little tide pool. My dogs would love jumping in this for sure.

Always wanted to do this but never had the space. Awesome to see what it would look like. Future project for sure. Great lagoon and great job!!!

Back