DIY 300 gallon Saltwater Lagoon (pond)

V-nice! I use two 150g Rubbermaid tubs as my qt setup.... Works great!

My only complaint is its harder to get a good look at the fish ... especially when trying to determine if they have ich, flukes etc...... Hard to view them due to looking through the top of the water level and dealing with light reflections etc.......

yeah for QT that would be an issue. I use a 75 gallon glass tank for QT.

Evaporation

Evaporation

How much evaporation are you getting? Is anything in that area of the house starting to rust? I worry about that with open tanks in my basement

How much evaporation are you getting? Is anything in that area of the house starting to rust? I worry about that with open tanks in my basement

It does not evaporate as much as I thought it would. Water temp stays a constant 77F.

Nothings rusts unless salt creep actually touches something metallic.

I love what you've done. If I had the room, I'd do that in a heartbeat especially considering that you can get the stock tanks cheaper than an aquarium. I've seen 600+ gallon stock tanks for a little over $300. That's less than half of what I spent on my 180g on the tank alone.

I love what you've done. If I had the room, I'd do that in a heartbeat especially considering that you can get the stock tanks cheaper than an aquarium. I've seen 600+ gallon stock tanks for a little over $300. That's less than half of what I spent on my 180g on the tank alone.

I want one of those, but I have nowhere to put an 8x8 tank!

Great job very nice I like live stock collection you got.....

Thanks. I am about to add some more rock. I will update this video sometime this week.

Yeah. I didn't really have the room but I made room lol

Determination took over

What a great idea. I like looking top down on my tanks as well. It would look really cool with some monti caps in there!

not sure i want to post these becuase of the "critics" but i have been using a 300 gal rubber made for over a yr its in a storage building , had a really nice 70 gal tank , and had to take it down due to some construction and also the fish getting to big , but here it is , all jerry rigged up , but has been working great ...no real corals just fish , sail fin , blonde naso , yellow tang , 7 chromise , 2 clowns , 1 gold strip clown , 4 pajama cards and a few other things i forgot the names for , haha .... hope to move them out of this holding cell and into there new 600 in a few months .

Tanner, you stole my idea! Great job and I agree with you on the viewing and interactions with the fish, more enjoyable personally. Seeing nurse sharks in any home aquarium makes me sick!
Cichlid, I like your style lol.

How much did it cost just to set that up

About $500.

LR, sand, LED light, skimmer, are things I had already

not sure i want to post these becuase of the "critics" but i have been using a 300 gal rubber made for over a yr its in a storage building , had a really nice 70 gal tank , and had to take it down due to some construction and also the fish getting to big , but here it is , all jerry rigged up , but has been working great ...no real corals just fish , sail fin , blonde naso , yellow tang , 7 chromise , 2 clowns , 1 gold strip clown , 4 pajama cards and a few other things i forgot the names for , haha .... hope to move them out of this holding cell and into there new 600 in a few months .

Tanner, you stole my idea! Great job and I agree with you on the viewing and interactions with the fish, more enjoyable personally. Seeing nurse sharks in any home aquarium makes me sick!
Cichlid, I like your style lol.

Nice tank!

Thanks for posting that!

Wow! I really love this. It's something that has always seemed like a cool idea but I've never really seen it in practice. It honestly looks much easier than a glass tank version... and I really like the overhead viewing opportunities. You could even go "snorkeling" in it! How awesome!

Here's an updated version of this tank

Make sure it's set on HD 1080p

Enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/56WSSiLBh0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back