DIY 300 gallon Saltwater Lagoon (pond)

Here's an updated version of this tank

Make sure it's set on HD 1080p

Enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/56WSSiLBh0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow man this looks Beautiful !!!!! My buddy is going to do a set up like this after I showed him your video. Do you have a ATO on this system ?

It's just so relaxing to watch. I wish I had space for something like that... no more space in the utility room. Anyone ever done an outdoor saltwater pond?

Wow man this looks Beautiful !!!!! My buddy is going to do a set up like this after I showed him your video. Do you have a ATO on this system ?

Thanks man. Its my favorite tank. I just didnt realize how much personality fish actually have until I built this system . its super easy to maintain. Let me know how your friends tank build goes

It's just so relaxing to watch. I wish I had space for something like that... no more space in the utility room. Anyone ever done an outdoor saltwater pond?

Yeah I saw two actual outdoor saltwater ponds on youtube

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HqDpU5UM8nA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one is a little questioning. I don't know what the guy is trying to achieve here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JVs2U6YnOsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's an updated version of this tank
Man you really got that tank locked up nice, I don't see any algae growth, sand is nice and white. Good job. Seem you got the fish trained too you got close to the tank and they were all begging for food :D

BTW what are those little fish around 1:10-1:15 that seem to be schooling a bit before the large Emperor scares off?

Man you really got that tank locked up nice, I don't see any algae growth, sand is nice and white. Good job. Seem you got the fish trained too you got close to the tank and they were all begging for food :D

BTW what are those little fish around 1:10-1:15 that seem to be schooling a bit before the large Emperor scares off?

Thanks! Yeah my fish are truly like pets. I have about 300lbs of LR and good water flow. I have not had any algae issues non whatsoever. The tank is very well established and I rinse all meaty foods prior to feeding. I work hard to reduce the amount of nutrients in the system.

The schooling fish are green chromis. There are eight of them total. The emperor angel is the King of this tank no doubt. The pecking order is the emperor, queen, then everyone else. All my fish coexist very well together. It's the most enjoyable tank I have owned yet.

I am thinking of adding two more 300 gallon tanks in series with the one I have. In one tank, I would like to add a pair off blue spotted stingrays ONLY. And in another tank, place nothing but more LR and sand and add more spiny lobsters.

Just ideas lol.

Thanks! Yeah my fish are truly like pets. I have about 300lbs of LR and good water flow. I have not had any algae issues non whatsoever. The tank is very well established and I rinse all meaty foods prior to feeding. I work hard to reduce the amount of nutrients in the system.

The schooling fish are green chromis. There are eight of them total. The emperor angel is the King of this tank no doubt. The pecking order is the emperor, queen, then everyone else. All my fish coexist very well together. It's the most enjoyable tank I have owned yet.

I am thinking of adding two more 300 gallon tanks in series with the one I have. In one tank, I would like to add a pair off blue spotted stingrays ONLY. And in another tank, place nothing but more LR and sand and add more spiny lobsters.

Just ideas lol.

That will be very cool to see. You planning to do that soon? Will you make it so each pond is progressively lower than the last and simply overflow into each other? I like the idea and look forward to seeing it in action.

That will be very cool to see. You planning to do that soon? Will you make it so each pond is progressively lower than the last and simply overflow into each other? I like the idea and look forward to seeing it in action.

Exactly! I will update it when I start.

very nice..

Thanks

Awesome. Just have to talk my gf into it.

lol like the Nike slogan, just do it!

Do you have any pictures of the plumbing? I'm interested how you hooked up a the return and where it pulls from

Do you have any pictures of the plumbing? I'm interested how you hooked up a the return and where it pulls from

Basically its a tank and sump with reverse logic. The sump is the tank and the tank is the sump. I use a 1200 gph power head to pump water from the 300 gallon to the 55 gallon. The 55 gallon house about 200lbs of LR and a skimmer and 4 spiny lobsters. It simply overflows into the 300g tank using a 1" bulkhead with flexible tubing. Easy shmeezy

Basically its a tank and sump with reverse logic. The sump is the tank and the tank is the sump. I use a 1200 gph power head to pump water from the 300 gallon to the 55 gallon. The 55 gallon house about 200lbs of LR and a skimmer and 4 spiny lobsters. It simply overflows into the 300g tank using a 1" bulkhead with flexible tubing. Easy shmeezy

Ha, I thought that MJ was feeding a reactor or something. Ok this is WAY easier than I thought. The MP60 is the only circulation right?

This tank is beyond sweet. There is a LFS around me called Tropicorium that made huge tanks and everything is look down. It's so cool seeing fish from the top, and they have HUGE fish like you do. When you walk buy them the angelfish like bring their mouths out of the water and blow bubbles for attention.

I want this in my place

Ha, I thought that MJ was feeding a reactor or something. Ok this is WAY easier than I thought. The MP60 is the only circulation right?

This tank is beyond sweet. There is a LFS around me called Tropicorium that made huge tanks and everything is look down. It's so cool seeing fish from the top, and they have HUGE fish like you do. When you walk buy them the angelfish like bring their mouths out of the water and blow bubbles for attention.

I want this in my place

Yep just an MP60

There's nothing to it but to do it!

I couldn't see from the videos and I don't remember reading this... but do you have an ATO on the fish tub?

Also, just to be clear, is this your equipment list?

300 gal tub w/X# live rock
55 gal tub w/200# live rock
skimmer
MP60 circ. pump
1200gph return pump
heater(s)
marineland LEDs
ATO?

Seems quite management... more so than the glass box version anyway!

I couldn't see from the videos and I don't remember reading this... but do you have an ATO on the fish tub?

Also, just to be clear, is this your equipment list?

300 gal tub w/X# live rock
55 gal tub w/200# live rock
skimmer
MP60 circ. pump
1200gph return pump
heater(s)
marineland LEDs
ATO?

Seems quite management... more so than the glass box version anyway!

Yes except for the ATO. I wish I had one but I just dump about 5 gallons of RODI water in about once every two days. I have about 300lbs of LR is 300 gallon tank.

That's it.

Thanks for clarifying! I wish I had some space to do something similar. It's such a great idea and it's so calming to watch, even on video.

Thanks for clarifying! I wish I had some space to do something similar. It's such a great idea and it's so calming to watch, even on video.

Thanks. Yeah it really is a pleasure. I just scoot around in my computer chair and just chill by the tank. The fish just come to me and beg. Their personality has really intensified ever since I put them in this tank.

Best FOWLR tank I have ever had by far.

Back