DIY Natureef Style Denitrator Build and Data thread...

So doggydoc, how many times are you currently flushing?
I'm selling some things in the selling thread and I noticed you must have a Profilux setup?
How do you like it?
Are you dosing with a Natureef setup or with your Profilux at the controls.
I've always been curious about them...

I Love my Profilux. Hard to get it going at the beginning but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze. Plus VERY reliable.
I am using my Profilux doser 2 to dose Nitragone and phosphagone.
Currently I am cycling twice a day but I think next week I should be able to go back to three times a day

DIY Natureef Style Denitrator Build and Data thread...

Update.
Today decided to check nitrates 8 hours after and to my surprise nitrates were back at ZERO.
So starting cycling every 8 hours. Hopefully this will put a dent on my nitrate levels.

How many cycles are people going through before getting down to three a day? I'm on my fifth or sixth and they're still taking a week.

hobbzz:
The cycling is not quite linear in it's progression, but it should be noticeably less and less time each cycle. If not, up your dosing or add more bacteria. I have seen the time cut in half each cycle, and others, not so much. You may need to pay a little closer attention to your parameters. How big is your chamber again? Youre dosing 6mLs? Your flow is good?

FYI, I found myself dosing about 25-30mLs of 50% in a 5 gallon chamber when I was under a week...
Are you seeing Growth of Bacteria? Are you taking photos of the chamber each cycle? (The bacteria should at least double each cycle and get more and more visible)

Been real busy with work and school. Had a bacterial bloom and during that nitrates dropped to 2.5. They were 10 before that and had been holding there for months. I was dosing about 5ml of 50/50 mix to start but had to add a lot more to get it to cycle. 15g chamber, 500gph powerhead, still not clogged. Water surface barely moves. Just enough to know there's movement. Bacteria is growing and getting more brown.

Side note, I have a Jebao RW4 in my. 5gal. chamber and have found it gets the job done, and clogs less, with a rapid pulse...

Hi, would anyone be willing to send me a good dose of bacteria? I'm just getting my reactor started, will pay for shipping to NJ. Thanks in advance, please PM me if possible.

It stinks that this is a holiday weekend, for shipping purposes... Let me know how everything turns out trivan.

Hobbzz, You should really be seeing some bacteria growth increase by now.
How is it? Any pictures?
Your chamber is quite good looking (bare) and would like t see it "mature".

I'm a grandmother of 4 beautiful grandchildren that love watching TV in the family room. This past week it's being a couple of confrontations between them because one is accusing another one of passing gas. To make the story short I just find out the smell comes from sump every time the denitrator flush, is this normal? I clean denitrator weekly.

It's finishing early then "going sulphur". Either back down your methanol dose or add more, shorter cycles. Test your nitrates in the chamber to see when it is finishing and adjust your dosing to make it finish about an hour before the next flush.

I'm flushing 4x a day. Dosing 3ml 50/50 methanol per cycle. Should I lower to 1.5? I read nitrates 4x yesterday chamber and sump and read 0.

Back