Doni Marie clown's

yea i like the patch on her face, so far i don't like the fact the little one has a slight under bite i am hoping it grows into him.

Great pictures everyone. I love picasso's. Have my first, but they are ORA. Was going to get Doni's, but got a good deal on these. My next pair will be either Grade A or Snowcasso's from Doni (dreaming about my big tank...).

Keep the pictures coming!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280312#post15280312 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Korrine
Great pictures everyone. I love picasso's. Have my first, but they are ORA. Was going to get Doni's, but got a good deal on these. My next pair will be either Grade A or Snowcasso's from Doni (dreaming about my big tank...).

Keep the pictures coming!!

Here's mine. They're ORA though. Paid $70 cash, and a 125 mile trip to get them.

232323232%7Ffp536%3A6%3Enu%3D3256%3E268%3E5%3B2%3E23472686%3A3256ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp536%3A%3B%3Enu%3D3256%3E268%3E5%3B6%3E23472686%3A7256ot1lsi

(playing with Damsel, the most NON-agressive one you'll ever meet)

232323232%7Ffp533%3A8%3Enu%3D3256%3E268%3E5%3B%3A%3E23472686%3A%3B256ot1lsi

About 1 year old.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280489#post15280489 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Magga Pie
125 miles you musta really wanted them! lol nicce pickup though

For $70, would you have driven 125 miles? DFS had them for sale for $240 shipped.

And mine are a mated pair.

Here are mine. Mine were about that $$ and I had to drive 15 minutes. I hope the bigger one gets more black on her. I've no idea how old she is. I think she's about 1-1 1/4" long, though. Sorry the picture isn't that great. I still need to get a better camera. Have been buying fish stuff instead of another camera :D

100_6965.jpg

Video during acclimation.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280510#post15280510 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Korrine
Here are mine. I hope the bigger one gets more black on her. I've no idea how old she is.

Picasso's are such beautiful fish.

They will get more black, as they age. Just look at mine. They're a year old though. (approx.) Assuming ORA ships 6-month old clowns, they're a year old. If they ship 3-4 month old's, then they're 9 months old. Still, close to a year.

I would say between 2-3 months. Doni told me how old her fish usually are for shipping, but I deleted that e-mail since I now have a pair of Picasso's.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280495#post15280495 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iFisch
For $70, would you have driven 125 miles? DFS had them for sale for $240 shipped.

And mine are a mated pair.

Probally...not lol but thats just me especially with the gas prices these days. I doubt yours have actually spawned yet so they aren't a true mated pair, just a pair but eithere way they are nice.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280568#post15280568 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Magga Pie
Probally...not lol but thats just me especially with the gas prices these days. I doubt yours have actually spawned yet so they aren't a true mated pair, just a pair but eithere way they are nice.

Cost me $20 in gas, plus my time.

They are a "pair", I never said they were true, and spawning.

You work extra hours to pay for your fish, while I find them locally, and get a deeeeeep discount. $150 "off" was worth the drive for me. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280562#post15280562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Korrine
Your fish have lovely patterns on them, ifisch. :)

They do. And they are "too" big for my 14g, IMO. I will be looking to buy a 30ish gal locally to house these guys. Add 3x chromis, a hawkfish, 2x pajama cardinals and I'm set. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15280595#post15280595 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iFisch
Cost me $20 in gas, plus my time.

They are a "pair", I never said they were true, and spawning.

You work extra hours to pay for your fish, while I find them locally, and get a deeeeeep discount. $150 "off" was worth the drive for me. ;)

You said "mated pair" which means they have bonded/paired and spawned together...

I find my picasso's locally also and got them for $90 from a fish store thats 10 minutes away ;). Iv never seen a pair down here for 250 thats really expensive considering ORA sells them to stores for $37 a piece

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15281166#post15281166 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Magga Pie
You said "mated pair" which means they have bonded/paired and spawned together...

I apologize then.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15281166#post15281166 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Magga Pie

I find my picasso's locally also and got them for $90 from a fish store thats 10 minutes away ;). Iv never seen a pair down here for 250 thats really expensive considering ORA sells them to stores for $37 a piece

DFS sells ORA Picasso's for $200 + S&H.

Doni Mari, sells then for $150 shipped (B's), or normally $250 shipped (A's), but the "A's" are on sale this week.

If that store is getting them for $37 a piece, they must be a huge ORA dealer to get them that cheap. A LFS close to me, shares a little info on the ORA workings, and I doubt they're that cheap.

But, kudos to you.

is not really a cool marking the second bar just has a small indent and the tail stripe curves towards the second like alot of solomon island percs. Honestly if i saw these at a store i would say they are What donnie calls grade C's or just misbared perculas

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15281465#post15281465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILLiDaN
is not really a cool marking the second bar just has a small indent and the tail stripe curves towards the second like alot of solomon island percs. Honestly if i saw these at a store i would say they are What donnie calls grade C's or just misbared perculas

How long do misbared take to even out? Mine looked NOTHING like these... this is interesting.

Is there a "clownfish" 'king' who reputation could directly identify these? They look to be true, but not like Doni's.

If your correct, I am going to try and get my money back.

ILLiDaN, also sent you a reply to your PM. :)

But let's get this straightened out.

Do ORA Picasso's tend to look a little different? Could that be it? Or are these really not Picasso's?

BTW, I love Doni's. Maybe I jumped the gun, and SHOULD have stuck with my original plan of getting B's. :(

The bigger one looks more of a picasso...the smaller one looks more like a misbar clown...I wouldn't pay "picasso" price for the smaller one...if anything, just a little more than what I'd pay for a regular clown...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15281546#post15281546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by myreefcentral
The bigger one looks more of a picasso...the smaller one looks more like a misbar clown...I wouldn't pay "picasso" price for the smaller one...if anything, just a little more than what I'd pay for a regular clown...

Hmm... thanks. I'd either like someone with a reputation of "clown king" to distinguish my pair, or enough of the normal guys, and I'll ask for a refund.

For me, it's not looking good.

Back