Doni Marie clown's

These fish are really awesome only thing that bothers me are the under bites and flat faces. Is it due to all the inbreeding at ORA?None the less the ones that look normal are amazing

This guy was sold by Doni as a grade A "cull", because of his underbite. This fish had more of an underbite than regular grade A's. It seems to be more normal now that it was back then.

I didn't really care about the underbite too much, since he was and still is eating fine, I mostly wanted a picasso with the "puzzle piece" look to him. Not too many are like that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15210439#post15210439 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Abominable Reef
This guy was sold by Doni as a grade A "cull", because of his underbite. This fish had more of an underbite than regular grade A's. It seems to be more normal now that it was back then.

Did you pay "B" pricing for them?

myreefcental wrote: "A's have two stripes connect on both sides - B's have two stripes connect on just 1 side"
That's not quite right. Below is what Doni's site has on it.

"Grade B's have either no stripes connected OR only ONE side that has connected stripes; unlike A's that must have stripes connected on both sides." So a "B" may not have its white strips connect on either side.

i got mine exactly one week ago. Sorry for the bad pics not good with cameras. Shipping was excellent and i requested the little tiny one, so i knew what i was getting myself into. :crowd:

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

How does the other side of the bigger one look like? Nice catch by the way...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15238452#post15238452 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILLiDaN
i got mine exactly one week ago. Sorry for the bad pics not good with cameras. Shipping was excellent and i requested the little tiny one, so i knew what i was getting myself into. :crowd:

DSC01206.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning on ordering from her aswell.

Can someone tell me if the clowns are graded based on just their colour or are other factors played in as well?

the side you are looking at is her best looking side. They are graded by their stripe development. I am happy with the little guy he has a helmet and double sideburns will be interesting to see how he develops.

DSC01204.jpg

ILLiDaN,

Gorgeous fish. Dangit, I cannot wait much longer. I WILL be ordering from her next month. I have a $100 montly allowance. This months is going towards a zoa pack. Next months will be my first Picasso! :)

Illidan, nice crazy pattern on those!
Thats really what I like about these, don't even really care about the A or B grades, in fact some of the B's look just as good or even better than some of the A's(though I'm not ditching my A's for nothin'!)
These are properly named IMO, cause they seem fit for the creative, outside the box artsy person.
Keep pics coming.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15239547#post15239547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
Thats really what I like about these, don't even really care about the A or B grades, in fact some of the B's look just as good or even better than some of the A's.

Agreed! :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15239547#post15239547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davocean
These are properly named IMO, cause they seem fit for the creative, outside the box artsy person.
Keep pics coming. [/B]

Agreed! :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15238452#post15238452 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILLiDaN

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

Awesome!!! I hope i can get one ASAP

Back