Don't be shy, please introduce yourself!

HI all,

looks like I just missed a great time at mandalay.

my name is Terry, I moved down here to Pahrump from Idaho last year. (messy Divorce, Parents health was bad needed help with business.......yada yada yada.) so here I am. MAN IS IT HOT DOWN HERE. winters are great but I do miss the snow.

I was bit by the Aquarium bug about 4 years ago when I bought my step daughter a 10 gal. for her gold fish. 1 1/2 years and 3 FW tanks later, I was starting a 29 nano. I was just starting to get into softies when............. let's just say I got the boat and the Dog.

I am out of town quite a bit, which makes it challenging keeping a reef. but with the homemade drip system I have made and a few tweeks all my critters seem to be as happy as you could be in a small box of water.

I would like to make the next meeting, do you have a date yet?
I just joined vegasreefers.com and will be posting this over there also, just to say Hi.

Talk at y'all later

T

Hi Terry! Glad to see you posting. :)

We do have our next meeting date. More information can be found here. I hope you can make it! :beer:

Hello everyone my name is Tran, and I am a mechanic for 17 yrs, and work for local dealership here in town for the past 3 yrs. I am specialize in Japanese vehicle only. I would like to be welcome in to Vegasreefers club. My email is Yongstran@cox.net.

New to Club

New to Club

Hello, all I posted on the LVVR web site. Thought I should do it here as well. Long time lurker to this site.

I currently have a 55 gallon- 440W of VHO light, 10 gal. refugium, and Aqua-C remora that I picked up for free from someone who didn't like it because it skimmed too much.

Primarily a zoa tank with three monti's of any size and some mushrooms, ohh and enough hair algae to feed the world!

Fish include a regal blue tang, pair of ocellaris clowns, one damsel, and an Anthias that is slowly starving no matter what I try.

I am a long time fish person who only recently moved down here. Tried to get involved in the LVMAS, but never could. Definitely would like to help get a club started in Vegas. I am from SLC, UT and enjoyed both fresh and salt clubs up there.

Looking forward to meeting all of you real soon.

James McIntosh

James, glad to have you with us! :thumbsup:

Be sure to let me know your email address if you would like notices for upcoming events. Clicky

My name is Maria and I live in Poinciana south of Kissimmee F.L
I took over my husband 180g. and he is not very happy with that.
He wanted to make it a shark and rays tank, but I gave him lots of info on it and he change his mind. Our 180 is an in wall tank. We love this hobby.

Hey guys,

I posted this message on the LVVR site but just for kicks I'll intro again here.

My name is Fernando and I have been in Vegas for about 3 years now. I just got my first ever aquarium about 2 months ago. If you would have asked me anything about fish 2 months ago I wouldn't been able to tell you much more than they live underwater. Now, I still canââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t tell you much more . I have a wife and two boys (11, and 3) and we moved here because the Air Force said we had to.

Ok, here's my set up... I have a 75 gal. FO tank, ProClear Aquatics 150 gal wet/dry, 11 gal sump, venturi skimmer, 70 lbs of lace/base/dead rock, 50 lbs sand (crush coral "0"), 10 gal quarantine.

I don't know much, but I'm enjoying the hobby like crazy so far. I look forward to find out where, and where not to go, and who to listen to here in town. Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m also looking forward to sharing my experiences as well as learning from others.

Hey Pat,

Please do visit us on the club site. We all try to keep up here, but with all the great info here sometimes we forget to check here.

Thanks for the link. I will sign up when I have more time. Just got my Orbit 48" 4x65watt power compacts in and can't wait any longer to set it up. Plus setting up a new topoff system.

Hello Las Vegas reefers.... I am going to be visiting your beautiful city next week from Guadalajara, Mexico.

I would like to know which is the best LFS.... One that has a good selection of corals, especially SPS...

I'm sorry to report you will not find such a store. :(

Sometimes Tropical Expressions will have some nice things in. You could always call them in advance and see what they have in stock.

Have a wonderful trip! Trust me, spend time doing the tourist thing, more then the LFS/coral thing. :D

Back